Chapter 14. This Master is Skilled in All Aspects

Start from the beginning

Daphnne's eyes widened. She'd never seen her childhood friend give up so easily. She'd always known that Azalea was a man of great righteousness. He wouldn't stoop low to actually harm anyone. However, he shouldn't hesitate so much when it comes to teaching a few hooligans their manners... right?

Azalea was capable of many things. He even subdued a thief two days ago!

How come...

"Good boy." The youngsters laughed. Their laughter was like a bunch of animals squealing in the barn, "We'll do you guys a favour and stop messing around. However, if we see you even come close to the Young Master... well, you pigs know what'll happen."

They stopped surrounding Azalea and Daphnne. "Better get to school fast." The youngsters ran off into the distance. Once their figures weren't to be seen, the two commoners could finally relax.

Daphnne stopped clutching at Azalea. "Az... why did you give up so fast?"

Azalea didn't look at her. "You know. If we provoke them... the inn owner might be involved, and we can't do that. After all, it is the inn owner who gave us a place to stay. He also doesn't earn a lot of money... so, going bankrupt just because of us..."

"We can tell Lucilline about this! He's a nobleman and his status is higher than those pesky flies! He can stop the inn from going bankrupt!" Daphnne retorted. She believed that Lucilline wouldn't care, even if they beat up those youngsters.

She expected to see Azalea in relief.

Instead, Azalea glared at her. Those amethyst purple eyes were full of unbelievable exasperation. "Daphnne, do you hear yourself right now? You want us to... rely on Lucilline's power and hierarchy? Then... doesn't that make us lower than 'pesky flies'?"

Daphnne's expression sunk. "So... you just want us to lose our new friend...?"

She sighed, then shook her head, "Fine, whatever you say, Az." But deep down in her mind, she thought, Azalea, I never knew that you are a person who gives up so fast on their friendship. That isn't righteous at all.

As they headed towards school, a figure lurked out from the shadows.

The figure belonged to a skinny and hunched-back man. On his cheek was the tattoo of an ominous letter 'M'. He was a reincarnator, and muttered to himself in a hushed voice, "Strange... in the original novel, Azalea beat up the youngsters while protecting the heroine. However this time... the plot has changed. He didn't stand up, instead, he let the bullies have their way."

The tattooed man sighed. "I need to report this to Boss."

What he didn't know was... someone else was watching him as well.

*****

Lucilline was leaning against the school's inside walls. He waited in the corridor, looking more nonchalant than he could ever be.

All of a sudden, he rose from the wall.

"L-Lucilline!" Daphnne squeaked. She and Azalea had used majority of their brains, trying to figure out a stealth plan in avoiding their new friend. However, they'd just entered school, and they were caught already!

"Yo." Lucilline waved.

The nobleman looked quite happy to see them. Daphnne hesitated. She looked up in Azalea's direction, waiting for his orders. Azalea wanted to walk past the nobleman. He didn't want the innkeeper to go bankrupt, so he must avoid Lucilline at all costs-