~chapter thirty-seven~

Start from the beginning

Once I looked back at him, he looked in a weird position with his head, if I don't wake him up he'll have a huge neck strain, but he looks so peaceful.

I came up with a solution and tucked my arms underneath his knees and wrapped my arms on his upper back holding him close to my chest. I'm not sure how he was still asleep, but he was and he snuggled his head into my chest seeking warmth. I tried not to fangirl over the sight of my cute boyfriend and walked slowly into my room to the low lighting and comfortable bed waiting for us.

I placed him on his regular side that he prefers on the bed and placed a nice fluffy blanket on top of him so he wouldn't get cold. I'm still truly amazed on how he isn't awake, or maybe he was but wanted to keep sleeping so he trusted me enough to put him back to bed.

I wasn't going to let him fall asleep for too long since our guests should be arriving in a couple of hours, but at least until I showered and got ready. I wanted to be extra clean for the guests and I decided to have a nice relaxing bath. I waited till the door of the bathroom was shut behind me to turn the lights on, so it wouldn't disturb my sleeping boyfriend's nap.

I slowly turned on the cold water and some of the hot to make sure the combination would be just warm, not too hot, not too cold. I wanted the bath to be relaxing and soothing. 

I set the towel on the table and lit the eucalyptus candle beside me to help relax. If I was being honest with myself, I knew I was nervous for my parents to come over. If not for my sake, for George's. His family is technically me now, with the exception of his nieces and sister. I want my family to accept me, but if they don't I'm never leaving him. He's my source of happiness, and he has been for years.

He's my soulmate. In every single version of the world, I know we'll always find each other one way or another.

I was caught up in thoughts but quickly snapped out of them when George walked into the bathroom rubbing his eye while looking down. He looked so adorable and cute.

"Good morning Sleeping Beauty."

"G'morning."

I wasn't embarrassed or shy to be in the tub sitting naked because it's nothing he hasn't seen before. He wasn't either at this point so he grabbed a towel and sat on top of it right next to the edge of the tub.

"What are you doing love?"

"Well I'm keeping you company? Is that.. okay?"

"Of course it is, can I have a kiss?"

"Yes you can."

He leaned over the tub edge and pressed his pretty pink lips against my own, they were so soft and I could still taste the mint from his toothpaste from earlier. The kiss was slow, innocent and sweet and it made me fall in love with him even more.

"Thank you" I mumbled as I pressed away from his lips, I wish I could feel them all the time.

He reached his hands into my hair and twirled it between his fingers.

"Can I wash your hair for you? You can sit back and relax."

"Yes you can."

He reached over my stomach and grabbed the coconut scented shampoo that was in the corner. He uncapped it and pressed a good dollop into his hand before lathering it up between his fingers.

"Okay can you quickly just cup water over your head?"

I nodded and did exactly what he told me, I did it twice to make sure my whole head was soaked. Not long after he began massaging my scalp and twirling the blonde locks between his pale fingers.