His name

It was past midnight. That night you decided not to contact them. You already knew when, where and how you were going to break into that house. It was always off. No cars near the garage. Just silence. The perfect opportunity. Sure, cash might not be easy to be found, but anything of value is good for you. You already knew not to go for a TV, a radio, a computer. Theft would be too easy to detect. The best thing to do is to look for the jewelry underneath the others. Take an object that has value, the candlestick for example, yes it sounds silly, but they are very often of good quality and sell well when melted, and then replace it with another object, so that your passage is less detectable.

All these techniques you learned from TV or websites. So, watching some movies is worth it.

Your mother was sleeping soundly that night, anyway from 10pm nothing could wake her up, not even a fire alarm. Not very safe. You looked into your sister's room, asleep. Perfect. You put your bag around your back and went out discreetly by the back door.

In 12 minutes, you were there. Still dark as ever. The goal now is to detect any intrusion alarms. You knew that once you entered the house you had between 10 and 15 seconds to find the alarm, hurry up and unplug. Yes, as trivial as it may sound, unplugging an alarm is enough in 90% of the cases to get by unnoticed. It's not one more house that's going to be a problem for you. Especially not the last one of this summer, it had to count.

You sat down in the middle of the garden and looked carefully through each window, your breathing becoming slower and slower. Window by window. You waited to see a small light that flickered. They always blinked.

Ah, there you are, you thought. You walked around the garden, slowly. The sensors inside often detect sudden movements between 3 and 5 meters. Once in front of the window you looked to see if there was a latch to move the window. Nope. You're not going to play it easy, are you? Never mind, I have more than one trick up my sleeve.

You took a screwdriver out of your bag and began to remove the window rods, the small plastic strips that surround the window frame. You inserted the screwdriver in one of the corners and opened it little by little. Once the rod came off the window, you could remove it by pulling on it with your hands. The glass came loose, you took care to remove it slowly, very calmly. You took a quick look around. No one was there.

From the first foot, you will have 15 seconds. That's all. You knew the alarm. 15 seconds.

You breathed in and threw yourself in. You squeezed yourself out, avoiding all the furniture lightly. Once you were in front of the alarm, you examined it.

7,8,9...

Once the first and second rope was unhooked (never cut or your passage was obvious) you knew that the trick was done.

You took a breath. You walked around the room you were in. Oh, it was really beautiful. Tastefully decorated. As usual but this one was different. You thought it was definitely your favorite. The living room area was characterized by a square formed by two white sofas facing each other and two armchairs also on the other two edges, a small glass table in its center.

To your left was a long glass bar, with 4 black chairs and a liquor shelf behind it. From here you could discern some dates "1898", "1923" "1967"... It's worth a lot of money, isn't it?

In the distance you could see the dining room. The same chairs as the bar but lower, surrounding a beautiful glass table, a candlestick as a centerpiece. You let out a small smile. First item to be taken, then. A huge bay window, which largely illuminated the room thanks to the light of the moon, crowned the whole. It faced their huge pool. Really? It was endless.