The same dream

While the scouts were screaming in terror, you were paying attention to your surroundings. A fierce battle was being waged on the other side, yet you were told nothing. All your friends were here, betrayed by the so-called "Warriors", Reiner, Annie, Bertholdt. Why? It was impossible to answer yet, you just knew that it had something to do with Eren and his Titan. From the beginning, all those moments. It made you laugh. While you thought you were going somewhere, his plan was to get closer to Eren. Was any of what he told you true?

A scream rang out from the other side of the wall. Reiner certainly. Suddenly, something flew across the sky, thrown by the Beast Titan.

Bertholdt. You knew it. It was a strong feeling. Ah. So, he was going to continue with his plan and never look back, at you, at your relationship. No, he was going to continue with his mission, and you knew that even if it was going to kill you, he wouldn't change.

And yet, you wanted to see him. One last time. You were going to die anyway. If not here, mentally you were, dying. How could your first love turn out to be the person who had betrayed everyone, your world, you?

Did he share the same feelings when you confessed that day? When he told you, me too? Or was he just messing with you?

You grabbed your ODM gear and lifted yourself towards the wall. You had to see him. Just once, see his determination. You wanted to say that you loved him despite everything. What did that make you? A traitor? A fool? Maybe both.

-Oi!! No! shouted your captain, Levi, still kneeling next to the commander Erwin.

-I'm coming back, captain, I'm coming back! You answered.

Levi had no way to bring you back. Once up there, you saw the city completely destroyed before your eyes. A city destroyed by him, the man you saw, currently fighting Mikasa. Ah, so you were hiding your abilities well. Always pretending to be shy. Much stronger than anyone thinks.

He suddenly turned to you, once he landed on another roof, alone.

What were you doing here, he thought. Mission, mission, mission, the only words that kept repeating themselves since this morning. Since he had set foot in this city, in this damn world. You still looked so sad. He had betrayed you; it was normal. At what point could he still think you would have understood. You didn't have the elements of his betrayal. You could never understand. But his urge to go back to you, to join you on the wall, to apologize, to say "let's go away, far away, I know a wonderful place" was so strong. And yet forbidden. He tried to scream, but his voice wouldn't let him. It was stuck in the back of his throat. He wanted you to hear that everything was true, that you had made his time here better. Even if he hadn't shown you enough, he wanted you to know that what had kept him from going crazy or developing the same effects on his personality as Reiner had, was all thanks to you. He had really loved you, he loved you. He didn't want to go on, but he wanted to go home to his dying father. Since when did you start making him question his wishes?

He couldn't protect you anymore, but what he could do was yell at you, to get out of the way of the debris that was crashing into you, from the other side of the wall.

-Y/N, if you stay here! You are gonna die! Please leave! Go back! it's too dangerous.

Ah. Until the end then, he tried to show you his feelings.

You could hear what he was saying, but once he was gone, what would be left of you? Your family. They had all died in Shiganshina. You had nothing left. Bertholdt was the one who had given you hope, for the short time, that a new family would be possible.