Chapter 3

Author POV:

Author POV:

Sophia has finished coloring, playing her favorite game on her dad's phone and changing her dolls clothes.
Now she was closing the container of the turkey sandwich that used to be in there before she ate it.

When she asks her dad if they could get that cupcake he promised, Boomer would repeatedly tell her to wait a few more minutes, yet...It's been hours! Well it feels like hours to Sophia. And every time she tries to speak to her dad he would be busy doing something.

Sophia wished she could ask her aunt, but she's also busy with a customer. She puffs out her cheeks adorably and crosses her arms, she tries to make whining noises to get her dad's attention, but he tells her to just wait.

Sophia had enough! She knows she's disobeying her dad and doing something risky, but she can't help it! She really needs that cupcake. So without her father seeing her, she pulls out what she could find in her pink purse and gets out of her seat carefully.

Boomer stops for a moment and she thinks 'dammit he caught me!' But nah, Boomer thought he was about to sneeze. She sighs in relief and quietly slips out of the front door.

Once Sophia is out of the place, she begins to run down the sidewalk to get to the cupcake shop. She immediately smiles big when she sees the pyramid of cupcakes in the front window.

Without any seconds thoughts she opens the handle of the door.

_______________________

"How much more do I have to unpack?" Brick asks before yawning loudly and stretching out his arms.
"There's only one more box left" Bubbles says and points at the box across the room and Brick just nods before leaving the counter place.

"How come you put cupcakes at the front window? We aren't done setting up yet" Brick says and takes the tape out of the box with force.

"I made the cupcakes at home early in the morning and they're free! Just to catch a few people's attention" Bubbles's smiles at him which makes Brick roll his eyes.

"Attention? Who's goin–"

Suddenly the door opens with the sound of a bell yet nobody is at the door. "Huh?" Bubbles's let's out with an eyebrow raise up in confusion.

Then there's sounds of little footsteps and Bubbles is starting to get scared and waves her hand at Brick to come over so they can hide, but Brick grins and looks down.

The sound of a loud slam on the counter makes Bubbles jump but she calms down her heart when she sees it's a little hand that had slammed money on the white counter.

It was two dollars and three pennies and a piece of gum, "Can I get the pink cupcake please? I brought my own money" The innocent voice said, and Bubbles leans over to look down and see a little girl staring back up with pretty blue eyes.