Chapter 2

Sage's POV

I remained silent during the entire journey.I typically didn't know what to say to the stranger.One part of me want to thank him for rescuing me out of this mess but another part of me was just too scared of what might happen next.

The guy didn't speak a word.He kept his eyes glued to the road.I have never felt so uncomfortable before.I felt like I literally wished I wasn't even here.

As we continued our journey I caught him staring at me.I hate it when guys gawk at me like that.Finally he spoke up.

"So love I think I should get to know you.What's your name love?" he chirped.

I pondered over the question.Could I really tell him my name I mean I barely even know this guy but yeah I guess I should probably just tell him "Sage.My name is Sage Hart."

"Wow Sage I like the sound of that." he smirked.

"Thanks."

"This is wierd. Aren't you going to tell me your name too?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah sure love. I'm Taylor Wayne Watts but friends call me Tay." he said.

"Okay great."

"So how old are you love and what were you doing out there all alone?"

"Well like I mentioned before I'm 18 and I was there cause remember I told you about leaving the ophanage since I 18 now.They wanted me to leave so yeah that's basically about it."

"That's very sad love."

"So how old are you?" 

"I'm 30 love."

"Oh wow."

"Like I said since you're having some issues I will offer you to stay at my place until you find your own love.You'll be safe with me there."

"Okay thanks alot but where exactly is your place?"

"It's in Woodhills,Los Angeles love.Have you ever been there before?"

"Um no I haven't techincally I spent most of my time at the ophanage and at school and please will you quit calling me love in every single sentence you speak. It just freaks me out and makes me really nervous." I pleaded.

"Sure love. I meant sure."

The drive was silent once again and he began humming some songs while I just sat in my seat freaking out the entire journey.I keep reminding myself that the only reason why I was in this car with a total stranger was because I was so desperate and had nowhere I could go.

Atleast he was kind enough to offer me a place to stay until I find my own and for that I am grateful.Finally the Chevy came to an abrupt halt.I peered through the windows and saw a huge house.He got out of the Chevy and opened my door and ushered me to follow him.

The house was a series of rectangles constructed of steel and glass. It was unapologetically modern. It stood amidst the manicures lawn as if beamed there rather than constructed. The roof was flat and there was no visible chimney. The front door was metallic and opened with both a key pad and biometric scanner. Inside was minimalist. The walls were fashionable shades of white and the floor polished concrete. There was no sentimentality for chintz but on the walls were the most astonishing family photographs. There was also a music room which was filled with various musical instruments.They were a wide assortment ranging from acoustic and electric guitars,drums,cajons,piano and ukulele.  The kitchen was large enough for an army of chefs, there were two ovens and acres of brown flecked white granite on which to prepare food.In the cupboards there were lots pots and pans, spatulas and sieves. Upstairs every room was en-suite with a plasma screen, a king sized bed and a walk in wardrobe.

This house was like a dream to me.I have never seen such a gigantic house.It was amazing.

"Come let me show you the guest room.Make yourself comfortable." 

I walked slowly behind him as we made our way to the guest room.After showing me around he left me to get my own privacy and he went back downstairs.I instantly hopped in the shower.I was so tired from the day's events and the drive so a warm bath will totally make me feel better.I still cannot come to grips with the fact that I was here in this huge house.It was actually like a fairtytale to me.

After my bath I took a nap since I was really really tired.I must have slept for a few hours because when I awoke and looked at the bedside clock I saw it was already midnight. I can't believe I slept so long.I should probably go see the guy and thank him for actually allowing me to stay here for now.

I saw him sitting on the couch in the lougue watching a movie.I made my way slowly there and he turned his head to my direction.

"Sorry to bother you but I just wanted to say thanks for allowing me to stay here that is until I find a place of my own."

He smiled a big,cheeky smile "It's okay love and besides I just couldn't leave a cute,young girl like you out there Sage.I had to help you." 

"Aww thanks for helping me.It really means alot."

"Come sit down." he said while patting the empty space on the couch next to him.

I reluctantly nodded and sat next to him.

"So what's your story Sage? I want to know everything about you.Like how did a nice girl like end up being an orphan.So be honest and tell me about your life love." he smirked while looking at me straight in the eyes.

I gulped and nodded.I haven't really told anyone about my life and besides no one ever asked me about it either so I guess I'll just tell him.

"Well my parents died when I was really young and I don't even know them so that's how I became an orphan and I don't have any other family or relatives so its just me."

"That's terrible love.I'm sorry." he said while he got closer and tried to hug me but I gasped and flinched out of his grasps.

"Why did you freaking try to hug me?" I shouted at the top of my lungs.

"I just wanted to comfort you love." he responded apologetically.

"I don't need to be comforted."

"Okay goodnight."

And with that he left and ran up to his room. Strange guy I thought to myself while sitting alone once more.