Chapter 6

~Unknown POV~

"...that was you with the fog horn?" I heard the kid with the English accent ask the laughing light haired brunette. 

Before she could answer a bell went off, signaling the end of lunch for the group of high schoolers. I calmly made my way over to the office to return my visitors badge and left the building. Once I was in the parking lot, I got out my phone and hit speed dial 3.

As it rang I found my car at the end of the lot and got in.

"Hello?" answered a gruff voice.

"Boss, I found her," I said as I started my car and left the school.

"Are you sure? There can not be any mistakes on this, I need you to be positive, we only have one shot."

"Yes, I'm sure," I answered with all the confidence in the world of my findings.

"Who is it?" he started to sound almost happy at this most anticipated news, almost.

"Casey, her name is Casey McCoy." 

~Payne's POV~

The rest of school passed by in a blur. I spent the majority of third period with my mind occupied on Casey, and my fourth period class, much to my wolf's pleasure, had Casey in it. I made sure to sit with Casey in my direct line of sight and spent the class observing her. 

At first all I could think about was how when she turned her head her hair fell across her back in one fluid motion, and how I wanted to run my hands threw her hair. How when she talked she had this seemingly magical tilt to her voice that made me want nothing more than to just listen to her speak. Then I noticed how attentive she was when the teacher started the lesson, how into it she got, how easily she talked with the teacher. She truly seemed to enjoy him. Wait, him? 

Yes, the teacher is a him. The teacher is Mr. Reed, the history teacher, the incredibly young history teacher.

I found that my wolf was getting increasingly jealous, and the more I thought about it, so was I. The only guy that she should be interested in is me! I gripped my desk and didn't notice I was using my wolf strength until I heard the wood start to splinter. I quickly let go and tried to calm myself down.

God, how am I going to get through the school year without killing some one? And for Christ's sake, he's a freaking teacher and I'm getting jealous! Get a grip! 

I have to figure out a way to explain all of this to her so that we can get the mating process going, or else this only going to get worse. 

I spent the rest of class thinking about how I was going to tell Casey, when the bell rang, interrupting me from my thoughts. 

I gathered my things together as I pretended to pay attention to a guy from the football team talking to me, while I was really watching Casey gather her own things and laugh lightley as she spoke to the girl next to her, Noel.

Before anyone says anything, yes, I do know how much of a stalker I am being, but if you were in my position you'd be doing the same thing. Well, either that or you would have noticed the girl you've apparently known for years before today. Either way, no judgement please. 

I snapped out of my little daze as Tyler, the guy from the football team, continually called my name when he noticed I had zoned out.

"Huh?" I asked, trying to pull myself together. As I said that, I heard Casey and her friend laugh as they passed us. Noel looked our way and whispered something, so I'm guessing they caught onto that I had zoned out as well. Casey looked up at me after another whisper from Noel with a  smile on her face. At that moment I didn't care that she was laughing at me, only how her eyes twinkled when she smiled. Wow, what? How her eyes twinkled? There are way too many things wrong with that statement.