🌸 White Lilies On My Desk 🌸

When I had woken up the next morning something felt off. I couldn't place my finger on it at first but I soon realized through out later in the day.

I brushed my teeth and got my uniform like I do everyday. I waited at the front of the school for Seraphina. I looked at my phone; she was late. That wasn't like her. She usually is on time meeting me.

I sighed. I have first period in two minutes. I need to go or else I'll be late. Ugh. I hate history.

I take a deep breath and open the door to the classroom. Something still didn't feel quite right.

I began to walk over to my desk; a few people stared at me. Some were laughing and some gave me looks of sympathy and shame.

In confusion I walked over to my desk. But I soon stopped dead in my tracks. I felt tears form at the rim of my eyes as I tried my best told them back.

Why would someone...do that? What did I do?

White lilies in a clear vase on my desk and words of hate were scribbled all over the desk.

"Useless"

"Weak"

"Trash"

"Stupid"

"Bitch"

"Die"

...

"Monster"

I swallowed hard as I swiftly walked out of the classroom; trying to keep my cool.

As soon as I left the classroom I shuddered a little with my shaky breath. The world was spinning around me. I felt sick. I was shaking.

Tears streamed down my face as I tried to wipe them away, without noticing, I bumped into someone.

"I- sorry." Arlo said as he glanced at me. His sudden change in behaviour.. startled me. He used his index finger and thumb to lift my chin up.

"You've been crying." He blankly stared. His face showed zero emotion. No empathy, no care. It was fake.

"No, I haven't." I coldly stated as I smacked his hand away from me and continued into my stride.

I heard him mutter a few words.

"Inconsiderate bitch."

First period lasts for another 45 minutes. Where do I go until then? I'll go to the roof. Sera has to be there.

I made my way to the roof and opened the door. "Sera?"

She turned around and glared at me. "You have no right calling me that name." She scoffed. Her eyes were filled with pure hatred. What? What did I do?

"Uhm... What?" I was genuinely confused at this point. Why was she acting like this?

"Don't 'what' me. You know exactly what you did, John. I don't even want to speak or hear from you again." She stomped toward the door. "I hate you."

"Sera-...phina."I tried to stop her but she slammed the roof door in my face.

What on Earth did I do?

My breathing got heavier and more panicked.

Should I just skip today? I don't feel too well. Should I go to Doc Darren?

------------------------------------------------------------

"Yikes. Why didn't you come sooner?" He stared blankly at me.