Misunderstanding?

Leave it to you? Aren't I just being a burden if you keep on doing all the work?

[Don't worry, Kumoko.]

[Hearing your funny antics is more than enough.]

...Damn it, we're in the middle of a fight here! But...why do I feel so over the moon right now?!

But unsurprisingly, I feel at ease whenever I talk with Mono-san.

If only moments like this can go on forever.

Wait, no! Come back to your senses myself! This isn't the time for this!

As I was preparing to give myself a pep talk, something hit me.

Aghh! What was that? It felt like something sticky.

I looked out and analyzed our situation.

Mono-san is...in danger? Or...not?

He seemed to be running from a lot of monsters, but luckily, the mysterious figure from earlier can no longer be seen.

Whoooh! I rejoiced internally.

Are we lucky or what? If we fought that monstrosity, then we would absolutely be dead by now.

Does that mean...I'm as lucky as Mr. Satan now? Nah, probably not, that guy was like a God when it comes to luck.

Anyway, I don't even know what that was since Appraisal failed. Ah, and here I thought Appraisal can't be anymore useless...

Wait! Enough of that! Let's carefully inspect what we're running away from.

Uwoooh!!

What in the kentucky fried fuck is that?! Frogs? There's frogs here?!

So...does that mean, what I felt earlier was their tongue?

Disgusting.

I know that Mono-san is the one in control, but oddly enough I still feel the damage he takes, and of course the weird sensations.

I just realized this, but did we not take much damage from earlier? You know when the frog used the ancient technique?

'Wicked Series: Reality Tongue schlap'

[Your inner self is leaking, Kumoko.]

No! I must contain this, as to not further embarrass myself anymore in front of my first lo- companion.

DAMN IT STOP ACTING LIKE A CHUUNI!

Huuu......wooooh.

Alright I calmed myself down, how did I breathe in my thoughts you ask? Well, my thoughts, my rules.

[I bought the 'Pain Resistance' skill, which is why we didn't take much damage.]

Oh yeah! I forgot about that! Now that I thought about it...can I properly read Mono-san's thoughts now?

I concentrated as hard as I could and tried entering him.

Ah, no!

I meant I tried entering his thoughts, sorry.

Ehehe~

Anyway, It still stings pretty hard if you ask me, I don't think anything changed.

Mono-san, does it actually work for you?

[...]

[...]

[Of course.] That was one long pause...it seemed quite suspicious if you ask me.