But it was too much to imagine that. They couldn't have corresponded so well and come up with a plan within one day. Or even a month, for that matter. Everybody knew there were spies everywhere, and it was mutual acceptance that they couldn't be prevented.

She lay down on the ground. Whatever it was, Alexandra knew it was important. They were talking in hushed tones..

'No.' She heard a gruff, male voice say, '851 is not appointed. He is drunk. We will undertake that mission in the sequel.'

The sequel? And here was the worst part of it, code words. She racked her brain, what was this the sequel? Were they planning two missions? This one following the first? That seemed too straightforward to be true, and she was thinking so hard, she almost lost the man's next sentence.

'-No! No one else is fit for the Hero.' Alexandra's eyes travelled to Fannel's face by the window - his eyes were narrowed and he was not even blinking.

Hero? Another silly code word. If they dwelt upon the usage of such childish terms for their conversations, how could they possibly appoint somebody better than Dylan for a spy? And then, something struck her - if they did not leave Dylan to come back, it would raise a mighty suspicion. She was just turning to inform Fannel of the complication when a different voice she heard, made her stop to listen. 

Another person, a high pitched voice, said something. It was not audible, but it was definitely warning the man of something.

'I know!' The same gruff voice snarled, this man certainly needed to work on his volume, 'But that family has been troubling me for long! And that boy- he is especially annoying. We should teach them a lesson, Celyn!' he said, forgetting all code words.

Celyn? A female terrorist...

Alexandra was a first - the first female spy... here, there seemed to be another first - a first female terrorist.

Doesn't make any difference. She said to herself, and then again, why were they still listening? It wasn't a plot against Idgard- they weren't related. This was these terrorists' matter with some family... Alexandra and Fannel needn't care.

She nudged her brother gently, 'Come on- this isn't our issue!'

'Why not?! They plan on another ambush- tearing apart another family. You go- Mabel, I'm going to find out what this is about.' Fannel told her.

Alexandra sat back down. Her chest felt cold... no, she was NOT leaving him alone.

What use is all that training? All that ability? When you are only willing to use them for the job you get paid for? Shame on you. Learn something from this man!

Alexandra was ashamed enough without her mind saying so too. She kept her ear to the wall and heard on,

'I hate your caution!' The gruff man was saying, 'But- fine,' He said, in a tone of defeat, 'I shall trust your counsel.'

The female spoke something else. She was a lot wiser, and seemed the composed type of person who thought more than they spoke. It reminded Alexandra of Liam, and she was as exasperated with his sudden appearances, that she resolved to do something serious upon it once they were away from the tower. 

'Not that much of precaution,' the man continued. And Alexandra felt Fannel's hand close upon her shoulder.

'Fannel - yes, I'm staying.' She said, pushing the hand aside, not ungently.

It closed upon her shoulder once again, this time pulling her up into a sitting position. Alexandra's eyes fell on Fannel - both of his hands were on the ground.