three

All Time Low- Forget About It

"Was it real? Or a love scene from a bad dream?"

I could here everything clearly. I feel like I'm in a hospital. I can feel the IV on my arm. I can hear perfectly.

My mind just isn't letting me move or open my eyes. I felt like crying but who cries in while they're in a coma? I've been like this for 3 whole days.

Someone has been in my room. They've been crying and muttering prayers. I can't make out who it is nor can I figure out whether it is a boy or a girl.

I'm sure it's my mom in here. She wouldn't leave me here alone right? What if she needed to go to work? Her job is very strict on attendance.

She is already scratched off the list. As for Paul and his parents, they're probably at work and Paul is probably at school flirting with Maddie.

Just the thought of them together makes me jealous. I was starting to fall for him. And I know learned to accept it.

I tried with all my might to try to move or open my eyes but I wouldn't bugde. This was aggravating me. A lot.

As I tried once more to move, I felt a warm pair of hands wrap around mine. This person's hands were large and smoothe. They caressed the top part of my hand with their thumb.

I can hear the quiet sobs coming from the persons mouth. Their hands shifted and intertwined them with mine.

"Dani," The voice croaked.

I tried my hardest to make out who it was. But I needed to hear their voice once more.
"Dani I, I feel so terrible knowing that I was the one who put you here,"

Paul.

Why was he here holding my hand. Was he the one who cried and stayed here with me the last 3 days?

"I've been thinking a lot lately. When you told me you were falling for me in the car when I was driving you home I felt so happy, I felt loved. I liked you since we were kids but I never had the guts to call you or DM you over Twitter or Instagram because I thought that pretty face of yours was already taken by a man who wasn't me. I tried calling your mom's cellphone a few times 2 years ago but she never answered nor did she call back. I saw pictures of you on your mom's Facebook and you were so beautiful. You seemed to happy. I liked you my whole life but never got the chance to actually see you and talk to you. I figured you hated me for kissing you. When my mom told us we were movibg back to Towson because of my dad's job transfer I was excited to see you. I kept my cool so I didn't creep you out. I recognized you when Mrs. Ackles called your name. I missed the dance for you. I told Maddie that I needed to stay with you so I couldn't take her to the dance. She broke up with me over the phone but I didn't care. I had a beautiful girl to watch over while she slept. Dani I will not hurt you ever. I'm willing to start over. I'm willing to help you and care for you. I haven't slept since you tried to drown your self but I will not rest or do anything until you wake up. Wake up for me. Wake up. I know you can hear me. Please open your eyes." He was now sobbing.

But I heard every word and sound of his voice. He seemed so bad. His voice held a pleading guilty tone. He sounded miserable.

My body finally gave in. I could move. I squeezed at his hand slightly. I could feel a tear drop fall onto my index finger.

"Wake up pretty girl, you can do this." He sobbed.

That's when my body decided to set me free again. I fluttered my eyes open to see Paul with huge under eyes and his face wet from crying. His hair was messy and he looked like he hasn't eaten, slept, or showered in ages. Yet he still looked gorgeous.