Chapter 4: Kaguya Wants To Know

Start from the beginning

It was actually quite normal for the most part. She just showed me around like any normal student would. I actually liked her voice a lot, it's quite soothing. Regardless, she's still faking her personality. 

After she showed me around, we sat down to eat. 

At this point I'm slightly fed up with her fake ass personality, so I just called her out on it. 

"Hayasaka-san." 

"What is it Y/N-kun?" 

"What's with the act?" I accused. 

"What?" 

"Your personality, why are you forcing it?" 

Hayasaka's POV:

How does he know I'm faking my personality? 

(A/N: If you do not understand at this point, I would highly suggest reading the LIW manga. There's a really good reddit post explaining Hayasaka's character as well, I'll link it at the end.) 

"I'm not forcing it." 

"Stop lying to yourself, you clearly are." Y/N continued. 

At this point I can't lie to him anymore. I'll just tell him the truth. 

"It's because I'm worried people will dislike me when I'm not using my gyaru personality." Hayasaka admitted, her eyes slowly becoming wet (tears). 

"Hayasaka, Hayasaka, Hayasaka, don't force your personality. I'm sure there's someone who'll love you for your personality no matter what. Hey, you know what, I'm sure I'd love you for your personality. I'll be your friend." 

Y/N smiled at me and chuckled a bit. 

HOW CAN HE SAY SOMETHING SO EMBARRASSING WITH A STRAIGHT FACE? 

"Um, so you wouldn't mind if I used my real personality around you?"

"Of course not!" 

I felt very happy, he's a great friend. At this point I started tear up a bit because I felt really happy. (You guys can't jump me for making her "not her character" because it's stated that she's kind of a crybaby in her real personality.) 

I can't deny it anymore, I think I like him.

Y/N POV: 

I've never seen my friends cry. How am I supposed to comfort her. I just used a tissue to wipe her tears. 

I thanked her for showing me around and ran off. I was actually quite embarrassed, I've never said anything like that before, especially to a girl. 

I'm not a very social person, so I have no idea how to properly talk to people. I likely pissed her off. (A/N: Y/N is slightly dense) 

As I was walking back, a prideful looking kid came up to me said something to me. 

"YO Y/N, I saw you talking to Hayasaka-san. Are you guys dating?" 

"Who the hell are you bro? And NO WE ARE NOT DATING." I yelled.

My face became very hot, I was definitely blushing.

Hayasaka and I, dating? That doesn't sound too bad. 

NO I CANNOT THINK THESE THOUGHTS.  

"Hey bro just call me Kyro. You seem lonely, so I'm your friend now." 

Oh no, this kid is going to be like Ling from FMAB. 

But again, me dating Hayasaka doesn't sound too bad. She probably already has a partner though. 

Hayasaka's POV: 

I must admit, I heard him deny that we're dating and I felt a little disappointed. 

I will date him, no matter what. 

* * *

"So, Hayasaka, did you find out anything about Y/N?" Kaguya inquired.

Shit, I forgot to interrogate him. Oh well, I'll just make something up. After all, I do like him. 

A/N: There we go, I made a huge relationship jump with the two. Hayasaka's real personality is quite interesting, so I'll link a post explaining it. There are spoilers though. I hope you like the story so far. Will be taking a quick break from updating to watch Olympic soccer! See you guys soon, thanks for 50+ reads. 

(https://www.reddit.com/r/Kaguya_sama/comments/b8uv72/discussion_the_real_hayasaka/)