I'm here / Life saving & truths

Tim's POV

I was just finishing up my phone call with my mom when I heard shouting. I jerked my gaze towards the door and stared for a moment, wondering if I should go see what was going on or stay put.

When I realized it was Roy yelling, I jumped up, ignoring the ache in my leg as I ran to the door and out into the hallway.

I searched the hallway and realized the yelling was coming from downstairs. When I made it to the banister to look down, Roy and Antonio were running out the door. My eyes widened and my breath hitched.

Jason and Damian!

I caught sight of Kori and yelled for her. She turned, looking at me with panic and concern. "Tim." I hesitated only for a second before running down the stairs to her, panting.

Shit, bad idea!

My breath hitched as I held my leg. "What happened? What's going on?" I was panicked now just from the look Kori gave me. "The Cafe Jason took Damian to, there was an accident...a shooting."

Time stopped.

My heart dropped into my stomach and tears burned in my eyes. I clutched my chest, breathing out harshly as I stared at Kori. "What!?"

She grabbed my shoulders, steadying my shaking body. "Jason was shot. Damian called. He's okay and the paramedics are on their way."

"J-Jason?" I let out a broken sob and grabbed Kori's arm. "We have to go! Now!" I hadn't felt like this since Jack's goons kidnapped me.

My body was shaking and I could taste copper on my tongue. I was angry and terrified. If something happened to either of them, I had no idea how my heart would take it.

Kori took a deep breath, her own tears evident in her eyes. "Tim, I don't think-" She paused then sighed heavily, taking in a deep breath before nodding. "Screw it. Roy said to stay here, but how the hell can I make you? Come on, we're going to the hospital."

She grabbed her keys and headed outside with me in tow.

__________________________________

I hadn't really known how long it took us to get to the hospital, or when we got inside for that matter. My mind was hazy, thinking of all of the horrible possibilities of what happened.

I'd started crying as soon as I saw Jason lying unconscious on the stupid white bed. I felt sick. Nauseated. Defeated.

My first instinct was to run and hug him, but Kori stopped me, hugging me tightly. "Wait Tim. He needs to rest. The Doctor said he'll be just fine, but jarring his body could hurt him."

She brushed some hair from my face as I looked up at her, tears streaming down my cheeks as I sobbed.

I just needed to be with him. Touch him. Hold his hand. I needed to be in there with him. "Please Kori...please?" I didn't care how pathetic I sounded. I was desperate.

I could see the heartbroken expression on her face as she sighed out, looking over at Jason then back at me. "It still astounds me that he's found someone so pure. So in love with him...go."

That was all she had to say before I was spinning around to rush into his room. He wasn't hooked up to anything but an IV and I couldn't begin to explain how much of a relief that was.

As the Doctor further explained to Kori and Roy what had happened and how they treated him, I just sat by his side. Holding his hand tightly in mine.

"I'm here Jay. I'm right here." Gently, I brushed my fingers through his hair, sniffling as I tried to hold back another wave of tears.