Chapter 22: Hero's Promise And Undead's Regret

Start from the beginning

"There's still you can do." I suggested, and I met her hopeful gaze. "Go to Phuket, the celestial mirror is the cure."

Mom smiled wistfully. The hope had been shattered. She didn't want to be a wizard again. "I don't deserve to be revert back. I have to live with my guilt for as long as I can. Maybe one day I'll be good."

She marched towards the door, without looking at me.

Holding back a sob, I said. "Goodbye, mom."
Mom stopped and looked back with sad eyes. Then with a small nod, she bustled into the darkness.

Sarawat POV

"Hey, how are you..." my words faltered as he turned around, eyes bloodshot from crying.
His sobs hit full when he spotted me. Gasping pants quivered out of him, echoing through the hall. I dashed forward and wrapped my arms around him. I didn't know if what happened between him and his mom was bittersweet or just...bad. He buried his face down my neck
His entire body shuddering.

All the walls he had built around his heart for years had crumbled, and he was fragile that the first defensive mechanism kicked in and anxiety swallowed him whole. But seeing me, feeling me, made him feel safe, made him feel home.
He didn't care if someone would see us. He didn't care, because he was really hurting, and all he needed was me.

Tine POV

Ten minutes later, when I got back to the corridor to get a bottle of water from a vending machine, Sarawat and the celestial god were standing in front of the glass wall.
"What's happening?" The rest of us looked outside as the smoke ate up every civilian, and it knocked them unconscious. It all shot past every street and avenue, there were whispers before they were cut off.

After a few seconds, we all ran towards the street. It was almost like a ghost town. People were sleeping in their cars, and others were in the sidewalk. "Smoke Compulsions..." Juno began. He took the longsword from his back. "Pytro finally unleashed that."

A clap of thunder roared in the gray and white skies. The unfavorable wind gave me so much chill.

Arthit POV

Trae was staring at the sky as the raindrops started to hit his face, soaking us in the rain. They forced me to go with him on the rooftop. He explained me to earlier that he had crafted three pillars when returned during the magic games.

And they were placed two blocks away from the Headquarters, which if you would view it on top, it could be a triangular shape connecting the streets.

"Katherine." Trae whispered with his back on me, head up to the sky. His entire body trembled just as he gave a shivering breath. Then, a chill licked down my spine as he gave a battle cry, and raised the Scythe where the three gems were. It glowed brightly. "LET THE PILLARS OPEN THE DARK DIMENSION!"

My heart dropped as I heard an explosion at all corners of the headquarters' wards. A glitch had been teetering in my vision, and I shut my eyes close for a second. I heard the roars of the Darklings all over the avenue and their wings flapping. Huge portals had appeared.

Kong POV

The others and I made our way to the field that faced the entrance of the headquarters, we were already damped with the rain. We walked in a group of four except Sarawat and Tine. We all stood next to P'Tum and P'Sandee. The wards shattered the moment those big portals had been summoned.
Demons that I was very familiar with strode across the field, but they slowed down, probably waiting for the signal.

A loud shriek broke through the sky. I suddenly looked up, thinking P'Trae might have another surprise. But as the clouds parted, I saw Darklings swarming, passing through the skyscraper.

"Third." said P'Khai. "Are you ready?"

P'Third looked at him.
"This is the end of our kind." P'Tum whispered as he stared at the Darklings flying over the buildings. The world had gone much darker and the vampires were already out in the field with sunlight protection spell in them.

"Not if we can help it." I swung the hellbreaker sword and mustered a waterproof crimson flame around the blade. There was a moment of stillness in the field. A figure came to sight. The former general of Satan, now served my brother.

"I will bathe every creature's blood in fear." His voice echoed. "And this world will be ours."

"FORGED ALLIANCE! SHOW THEM THAT WE WON'T GIVE UP THIS WORLD!" I yelled, putting up on a fighting stance. "CHARGE!!!!"
I gestured for everyone to follow, and we plunged into the heart of the field.
The demons swarmed like a colony of ants running out of their home. Behind me came a wave of supernatural creatures who had waited: Faeries, Vampires, the legionnaire demons and witches of all sorts, striding and stalking and then running, and all at once, magic and swords rang and clashed the moment we collide with them.

Arthit POV

I smirked at Trae. "If you love Katherine...you could've saved her!"

Trae stood at his full height as he watched the battle began. He looked over his shoulder. Anger burned in Trae's eyes. "I am saving her."

"You are destroying the world!"

Silently, Trae walked towards me, and grasped my face with a force that nearly shattered my teeth. "You know nothing, Rodgers. A brat like you should've died in Kobra's invasion."

"And if you know about the prophecy. You could've prevented it." I hissed.

"Prevent it? I would do whatever it takes to bring my girl back." Trae gave a mixed expression of anger and disgust.

"And what about the other hellgods? They can be egocentric. They're more experienced." I said. "And you are just a new god. The Dark Dimension isn't that vast. Other hellgods will claim your throne."

"Then I have to kill them first." Trae said coldly. "Not even Pytro could defeat me. I'm beyond their powers and neither other gods. They are just inferior creatures. Servants that would bow before the new god. There can only be one."

I had gone still. My mouth worked in an evil smirk. "I should've said this earlier but see you in the battlefield, my lord"

I curled my hands into fists. I heard him yell before I traveled through shadows and then, the next thing I know, I was falling into the main lobby of the headquarters. Dizziness washed over me as I struck the floor. I choked and coughed while rolling to my back to face the ceiling.

"P'Arthit!" My eyes wandered upward, and saw May rushing towards me.