∆Chapter∆ 16

Mikasa POV.
Annie was looking at Reiner like she was seriously gonna kill him this time. She moved in his direction but I stopped her. Another conflict between the two was the last thing we needed right now. She looked at Ymir then back at me.
"We need to go after him again. But we can't leave her here alone. So I suggest you stay and watch over her."she said to me.
"Are you sure-"
"More then sure."
We made a campfire and discussed further matters and as soon as Reiner regained his strength they were off. I was left with just Ymir and my worry for Annie. I didn't really know what to do so I just started maki small changes on the boat. Ymir stood behind me, looking at me with curiosity while I worked.
"So...You and Annie?"she suddenly said.
"We're family."I said blushing.
"Mhm sure sure."
"W-We really are."
She continued to look at me with this shit eating grin. I couldn't work with her just hovering over me and moving or running when I tried to hit her off.
"Damn it why do you have to be so difficult."I said.
"I was born difficult so no help there."she said.
At one point I snapped and started chasing her around in an attempt to tie her up. Damn she was fast when running for her life. But then again everyone would be.
"Tsk. How can you be so chill? Do you know what's gonna happen when we bring you back?"I said stopping.
"Well yeah...more or less."she said with a shrug.
"I mean you're probably gonna kill me right?"she said.
"Well yeah, obviously."I said.
"That's what I don't understand. How can you be so chill when throwing away your life?"
"Well...to be honest, my life was never the best."she began sitting down. I followed what she was doing and sat down as well.
"I basically didn't have a childhood. I didn't even have a name untile some cult or some shit declared me as they're queen and game me this name. Apparently that's the founders name or some shit."I nodded, recognising that name anywhere.
"When we were busted by some soldiers we were brought here and turned into titans on this very spot. And I ended up wondering in this empty land for more than 60 years."she said with a sad face looking down.
"That was until..."
"You ate Marcel."I finished for her.
"Yeah... I'm kinda sorry for that but I'm also kinda grateful. I mean if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have this life back. I would've probably died in hands of some Scouts. But I didn't. I got this life back and I used it the best I knew, even if it's been only 5 years now. I sometimes think I don't really deserve it. I didn't use it for anything good. I was just as much as a scum as I was in that cult."she paused. I saw a tear fall to the ground.
"But...then I met her. She...She made me realize that there was more to life then what I thought. She made me realize it wasn't all that bad. Fuck! I know I'm gonna die but...but... I can't help but think. I still got more time to be with her damn it!"more tears fell down as she slammed her hand onto the hard concrete. She eventually calmed down just a bit for her expression to turn from anger to desperation.
"I-I liked to believe I'd die without any regrets. B-But now then I think about it..."she looked up at the sky.
"My only regret is not getting to marry her."She fell to her back, with a hand over her eyes as she continued to cry. I honestly felt really bad but... there wasn't anything I could do. The mission was the mission and nothing could interfere with it... Sadly.

The night fell and Ymir was sound asleep. I sat beside her. I didn't even tie her up. That's what I will later learn be my regret. I didn't mean to but I did eventually fall asleep...

With the next morning I woke up due to an explosion next to me. It blew me away quite far on the wall. Only then did I notice I was tied and the boat was destroyed. I looked up at Ymir's titan. She immediately ran through the desert back to the walls. I cursed and with little effort untied myself. I jumped on a horse and chased after her. I was a little slower then her since horses weren't exactly ment for transporting through sand but I wasn't exactly far behind either. I continued to chase her through the green land and through the hole in wall Maria. I chased her all the way to wall Rose. There on the other side we heard shouting. She freezed her fingers and began to climb over the wall while I used ODM-gear to get over. She jumped down while I stayed on the top. There I saw Reiner's titan running and the Scouts chasing after it. He has his arms closed close to his chest. I put my hood and dropped down as well.  I killed one of the Scouts and got on they're horse. I was passing past them and once close enough I used the gear to get onto the titan. I peeked through the gap between the hands and saw Bertholdt with a terrified expression carrying Eren. Reiner notice me and let me inside with him.
"W-What are you doing her!? Weren't you supposed to watch over Ymir!?"
"Well she obviously escaped!"I said.
I hid my face so Eren couldn't see who I was.
"Does he know?"
"They all know only about the two of us." Bertholdt said.
"Where's the third?"I said. Eren's eyes widened.
"They're at that place you were when you kidnapped him, they were with us but left when things started going downhill."
I just nodded. Reiner continued to run and only now that I realized where he was running. He was running to the Castle. So we were gonna reunite. That's what we thought but suddenly Armin landed on Reiner's hand along with the others. He started talking some bullshit to Bertholdt until he finally snapped ans forced Reiner to open his hand so he could charge at Armin. I tried to stop him but it was too late. The Commander launched and sliced the restrains that were attaching Eren to Bertholdt. Lucky Eren was injured so he couldn't transform. I dropped down just enough to catch him. Using the gear I flew us far from them. I planned to carry him as far as I could but that didn't work out and we ran out of gas pretty quick. We dropped down and I landed pretty hard causing me to injure myself. I looked at him and grunted. He looked back at me but couldn't quite see my face from the hood. He was about to shout at me but we felt the ground shake. We looked up at a horrific sight. A smiling titan was before us. Eren looked at it with rage and started biting his hand in an attempt to transform but was of course unsuccessful. Suddenly a man with short blond hair. Jumped in and tried to slash the titan. He also was unsuccessful and the titan ended up grabbing him and eating him. That's when Eren lost it. He started crying and shouting. And when the titan came close he he got up and punched the titan in the hand. Releasing he screamed activating the Coordinate for the first time. I looked up at the sight. Titans immediately came and attacked the smiling titan. Eren tried to run but because of all of that commotion didn't even notice what was coming from behind the titans.