𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟤𝟢 || 𝒪𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝐵𝑒𝑔𝒾𝓃𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔

~

~

15 years later

"Come on Peter!" 

The wind rushed through Adeline's hair as she tightened her grip on the reigns. The golden band on her left hand glinted in the corner of her eye as she sped up even faster, passing a golden-haired man. 

Adeline was now a grown woman, her long chocolate hair glowed under the rays of sunlight coming through the trees. On top of her head was the crown she was bestowed with so long ago. Her blue dress and matching cape framed with golden flowers bellowed in the wind as she let out an ecstatic laugh. Behind her, her family laughed along with her as they chased the white stag which was said to grant wishes to anyone who catches it. 

"Faster Quinn!" she leaned over to shout to her horse.

In a moments notice Adleine looked over her shoulder to see Susan and Lucy, grown women of their own, and Peter, no longer the boy she had met so long ago but a man, a king with regalness behind her. Adeline pulled at the reigns and turned, slightly out of breath. Adeline put a hand on her chest to slow her heart and fondled with her mothers pendant around her neck.

"Where's Ed?" the youngest brother no longer with them.

Lucy fixed her long hair as she said, "Probably stopped a while back. Race you Su."

The elegant woman stuck her chin out before chasing after their youngest sister. 

Peter rode up beside her in a simple trot, "Got a little excited there did we."

Adeline laughed and reached over, stroking Peter's face, the soft hairs of his beard tickling her fingers, "You know I love a good ride."

Her husband smiled and took her hand from his face and into his own, which had a matching golden ring, before kissing it gently. The blue ribbon from her Kelt which she had torn so long ago wrapped around her wrist, "And I'm glad to see you so happy."

Adeline's smile softened as her heart swelled, "Come on, better find the others." she kicked Quinn into a gallop, "And I'm still not a fan of the beard, darling!" she threw over her shoulder.

"I'm rather fond of it, my love," he laughed as he caught up.

Ahead of them, Susan and Lucy had already caught up to Edmund. The red and purple of the girls dresses and capes contrasted against the blue of Edmunds cloak and tunic. His hair had gotten much longer and was framed by his silver crown. 

"Come on Ed," Susan called out.

The man came in defense, "Just catching my breath."

"Well that's all that we'll catch at this rate," Susan exclaimed.

Adeline spoke up, poking fun at the younger man, "What did he say again Susan?"

Susan lowered her voice and stuck her chest out, the image of her brother saying it earlier popped into Adeline's head, "You girls stay at the castle, I'll get the stag myself."