Chapter 63 - Finding dates

After that dance lesson, I went with Marlene to go and find Reg. She didn't want to have to listen to Mary talk about all her many many options. I could tell it hurt her, Mary would never do it on purpose but I knew that but love was never easy.

"Wait for him to ask you." Marlene giggled.

I saw Reg walking out the potions room with none other than Diana. God I hated that girl.

She was trying to hold his hand as it stayed firmly in his pockets, he looked like he wanted to swat her away like a bug. "Reggie I'm so excited about the ball! I wish someone would ask me..." She sighed and tried not to look too hopeful.

"I'm sure you'll find someone tolerant enough." He smirked and left before she figured out what he meant, walking towards Marlene and I. "Hey love." He smiled.

"Guess what lesson we just had?" I smiled and he gave Marlene a polite smile.

"I'm guessing it's about the ball. I just had to sit through a wasted lesson on it." He chuckled.

"Yeah we're going dress shopping on the weekend." I smiled, it was surprising how he didn't ask me straight away.

Reg smirked and nodded, it was like he was doing it on purpose.

"Well I'm off to the library. Get some studying in. See you later?" I didn't know how much clearer I needed to be to Reg.

"Alright I'll see you in the common room." Marlene smiled.

Reg looked a little confused as I went off to the library, it wasn't a dumb excuse I needed to finish off some homework.

I had a couple of hours worth of homework done when Reg walked in and sat next to me. He must have known in was in my favorite spot, right at the back by the window 

He sat down in the chair next to me and leaned on the desk looking over at me.

"What?" I asked irritably. I was being a little bit moody but it just made Reg smirk.

"I was just admiring how beautiful you are, even when you snap and roll your eyes at me." Reg grinned.

I sighed and gave in, turning to face him. "What's up?" I asked him.

"Y/n Potter, Would you do me the honour of being my date to the Yule ball?" He held out his hand with a smirk, looking into my eyes for my answer.

I smiled and took his hand "Of course I will Reg." I pulled him in and kissed him gently. "I'm nervous though, I've never been to anything like it before. I don't know how to dance."

He just smiled softly and stood up with me "I'll show you." The library was quiet and it was dark outside, the room dimly lit by the candles floating around. He waved his wand and cleared all the books off my favorite desk, it was quite big so it had room for people to dance on but they'd have to be close. He stood up on the table and held out his hand "M'lady." He smirked.

I laughed and took his hand climbing up onto the table. "Madam Pince is going to kill us." I whispered.

"No she won't. So I put my hands here." He put one hand on my waist and held my other hand. "Put your hand on my shoulder... There you go. Now we'll have to be a bit closer like this." He whispered in my ear and pulled me closer by my waist. "I'll lead just follow me okay? Don't step on my toes too much." He teased.

We couldn't be seen standing on the table thanks to the tall book shelves. "Okay this isn't too bad." I nodded, Reg was a good dancer. Probably from all those pure blood balls he had to go to.

"Don't look at your feet, look at me." He told me and I met his blue eyes. "There, you're doing great." He smiled.

When I looked up at him, I saw the sun, the moon and all the stars. He was my future I just knew it. "Well you're a good teacher, as usual."