I'm Covered In You (Venable)

Smut!! 18+ content

Life in the outpost was often bleak to say the least; the air had grown stagnant with the lack of movement, settling over you like a thick fog and choking you more and more each day. There was a tingle inside you, always buzzing like background noise; unspent energy accumulating in your bones and frustrating inside you at the lack of output.

The sea of greys that bustled around you was reminiscent of the colour pallet you felt, shades of dark that never seemed to morph into anything brighter. You had always loved the colour yellow, but it had been so long you had almost forgotten what it looked like; now you sought out purple.

The rich velvet that wrapped around her body warmed you from the inside out, and the fiery stream of hair that sat atop her head tugged a smile at your lips. She was the only thing that made the outpost bearable, enjoyable, the only reason you even had a heart was so that it could beat for her.

Despite everything that you felt for her, you missed the subtle joy of friendship, to the extent that even Wlhemina had noticed, and one day when you sat at her vanity brushing through her hair she had met your gaze in the mirror; she always preferred to watch you instead of look upon her own face, and that time she had noticed the loneliness that shone in your eyes. When you lay in bed moments later she prompted you to make conversation, to reach out beyond the stretch of your lover and extend an olive branch to the rest of the purples, even if she did find them utterly insufferable. She was aware that she wasn't enough for you in the way that you were for her, and she would do anything to make you complete.

You had tried for several weeks to engage with one of the purples, starting with Coco, Gallant, even Evie, though each time you dared start a conversation with either of them your distaste for them made itself abundantly clear, manifesting in a churning of your stomach that worsened with each word they spat out. You found yourself willing yourself back into the arms of Venable even in her absence, given she was the only person whose presence you could bare.

You had whined in her lap one night, begging her to give up encouraging you to make friends, and she relinquished; she always did for you. You were content with her company just as she was with yours, and you had completely given up on any hope of having any other companions in the dark space of the outpost, after several futile attempts.

A few weeks later you were propped up against the bookshelf of the library, flicking through a book to decide if it would be your new read, when a grey scurried into the room, desperately scanning the shelves; her anxiety told you she was in a hurry, and you asked her which book she was looking for. Frankenstein.

You placed your book on the table in the centre of the room, gliding in your ballgown to the other shelf where you knew it was located, having finished it just days previously. She was wringing her hands nervously as she watched you move, and you asked over your shoulder, "what's your name?" She stared at you like a deer in headlights, alarmed at the attention you gave her given her usually invisible presence.
"Mallory," she stumbled out, looking over her shoulder as if she had committed a grave crime.

"Here you go, Mallory" You planted the book in her hand with a warm smile, and after several thank yous she shuffled out of the room, presumably seeking out whichever purple had demanded she retrieve the novel.

It had started as a simple act of kindness, something that was apparently absent in the outpost, for it had Mallory running your way each time she needed help in the library, trusting you fully to help her fulfil her duties each day as you leisured in the abundance of free time you were unfortunately gifted with.

You had helped her fold laundry, having escaped the company of the purples and wandered the halls in search for her. You completed the chores with a gentle murmur of conversation, sharing stories of your lives before the outpost, where you were equals. Your obvious privilege made you uncomfortable to say the least, and you had made it your mission to make Mallory's life as comfortable as possible.