Chapter 19 - Heated dinner debate

Start from the beginning

"So you stopped smoking?", I ask and he sighs. "Kind of. When I'm able to, I try to eat some candy instead or chew on some gum but that only works when I'm in a comfortable environment. I'm sure it'll get easier in the future, though. Don't worry.", he explains. "I hope you don't feel forced to stop because of me". He shakes his head "No. Like I said, I never really enjoyed smoking. I just didn't have anyone that cared enough to stop me."

I'm glad he's trying to get better, both physically and mentally. I feel as though I was able to help him move on with his life and I'm so happy that he gave me that chance. I want to learn and grow with him forever. I will do my best to help him through any kind of situation, just like he always helps me.

After a couple more minutes, Sebastian gets up and asks me to follow him to his place. Entering his house, I can already smell the food and my mouth starts to water. Sebastian grins at me. "My mom is a great cook. Almost as good as you", Sebastian states and I roll my eyes at him. "Stop. There's no way I'm better than her", I reply. "Yeah, you're right, actually", he responds and chuckles. I gently slap his arm and grin at him.

We enter the kitchen. Robin notices us and gives me a big smile. "Hey! I'm so happy you guys are finally here. Food will be ready in a bit. Please take a seat already.", she greets us while running around the kitchen. She's definitely better at multi-tasking than I am. Maru is already seated at the table and she waves at me and gestures me to sit down in front of her.

"I'm working on an automatic food dispenser. Hit me up if you ever need one for your farm, okay?", she offers me and I grin at her. "Sounds like something I used to build in Minecraft". Both her and Sebastian look at me surprised. Before Seb can say anything, Maru continues the conversation. "You play Minecraft too?", she asks me excitedly and I nod my head. We begin talking about it more. I feel like Seb wants to join in every now and then but something is stopping him. He has a grin on his face anyway.

Suddenly Demetrius enters the room and chuckles. "You seem to be getting along very well. I'm sure you're also blown away by the amazing ideas my Maru has", he smiles. I glance over at Sebastian who is rolling his eyes and avoiding to look at Demetrius. "I definitely am. Both her and Sebastian are absolute geniuses. Their work always amazes me", I reply. Demetrius grins "If Sebastian wasn't so stubborn, I feel like he could learn a lot from Maru". I notice Sebastian's posture tensing up. "Sebastian has a lot to teach as well. I definitely learned a lot from him", I state in return. Demetrius' smile fades and he silently takes a seat next to Maru.

The sudden silence gets interrupted by Robin placing all the pots down and handing each of us a glass. Finally, she also sits down next to Demetrius and asks us all to fill up our plates. She made lasagna along with a mixed salad and some cherry pie for dessert. I begin to eat and happily wave with my hands. Robin smiles at me. "Does it taste okay?", she asks and I look at her with my eyes opened wide. "Are you kidding? This tastes amazing!". She chuckles "Well, in that case, I'm glad."

"Maru, I made sure to book your flight for spring next year. That way you can get used to your new place as soon as possible", Demetrius suddenly states and I look at Maru confused. "Are you going somewhere?", I ask and she quickly nods her head. "I'm going to stay in Canada for some studies. My dad has acquaintances there that offered to let me stay over and receive some private lessons". I grin at her "That sounds really cool! I hope you'll learn a lot there!".

Demetrius laughs, "Oh she will. She's more skilled than most of the people that are going to tutor her. She won't have any problems whatsoever". Maru grins slightly and takes another bite of her lasagna. Suddenly Robin speaks up. "By the way, Sebastian. When are you and Abby going to start looking for jobs?", Sebastian glances at her and takes a deep breath in. "I already have one". All three of them stare at him with eyes wide open and in slight disbelief.