Chapter 16

Chapter 16

.

Ashley's POV

.

My new single came out today and is already #11 on the charts. It's amazing to know how many fans I have. I got mobbed by some people yesterday. It wasn't fun. They tore my clothes and I had on one of my favorite shirts. My bodyguards were freaking out. They finally got the people off of me.

It was horrible. I told Niall about what happened and he got protective of me. He said if that happens to me when he's there he won't let the people do that to me. It was cute when he got protective. It reminded me of my brother, Brendan. He would've never let that happen to me.

I really missed him. He died 3 years ago on this day. I was going to his tomb stone today. I was going to cry like I always do. It was the worst day of my life when he died. I remember crying for weeks. People would try to talk to me but I just couldn't. I was just done. At least I thought I was.

He was the one that told me that I should play guitar. He also played. Brendan was the only one that I believed when he said I had a good voice. At least he was, until Niall came. Brendan said that I was going to be a big star when I got older. I guess he was right. He always was.

I got a text

.

From Niall: hey do u wanna hang out?

.

I texted him back saying,

.

Me: sorry I can't today.

.

Niall: Why not? :(

.

Should I tell him the truth?

.

Me: because I need to go to the cemetery

.

Niall: what?! Why?

.

Me: to see my brother's tomb. He died 3 years ago today

.

Niall: I'm sorry :(

.

Me: it's not you're fault

.

Niall: I know. Can I come along?

.

Did he just ask that? Why would he want to come? He never met him, why?

.

Niall: please?!

.

Me: sure. But why do u wanna come?

.

Niall: because its important to u and I want to be there for u

.

Aw. He's so sweet.

.

Niall: I'll be there in 5 minutes.

.

Me: okay I'll see u then

.

My parents couldn't come since they were out of town for business. I was here with my aunt but she didn't want to come. Heartless devil. She's really mean. She wasn't going to take me. So it's good that Niall was coming.

Niall rang the doorbell.

"Hey." I said.

"Ready to go?" Niall asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I said.

I was wearing all black. Black shirt, black yoga pants, and black Steve Madden boots. This is the saddest day of the year for me.

We were silent for most of the car ride. Until Niall said,

"You really love him. Don't you?"

"Ya. It was the hardest thing in the world when he died. It was just so sudden. I didn't go back into the ocean for almost a year after he died. And I'm never getting back on a surfboard again." I answered.

It took him a while to process.

"If I lost Greg I would be lost without him." He said.

We pulled into the parking lot of the cemetery.

"Here we are." Niall said

We walked to Brendan's tomb stone. As soon as I saw it I started to cry. Niall hugged me. We staid there for a long time.

.

Niall's POV

.

Ashely's crying still. I hate to see her like this. She's strong, but when it comes to this, she's really fragile. We've been standing there for at least 30 minutes. She put down flowers that she brought along as we left.

She cried almost the whole car ride. She wasn't like bawling, just tears streamed down her face. She tried not to cry. But she couldn't help it. I understand why. I can't imagine what she's going through. I know why she didn't tell me about him earlier. She can't trust her emotions when she talks about him.

We got to her house. I asked her,

"Do you want me to stay with you?"

"Ya if you don't mind." Ashley answered.

I parked my car. And we walked to her door. We walked to her room. A lady was in her room cleaning up.

"What are you doing in here?" Ashley snarled

"Is that anyway to treat you're aunt young lady?" The lady said

"Just get out." Ashley said

"And who is this?" Ashley's aunt asked

"No one. Bye." Ashley said

"Hi I'm Ashley's aunt, Melinda." Ashley's aunt said, putting her hand out to shake my hand.

I shook her hand. "Nice to meet you." I said

"Nice to meet you to honey. I'll leave you kids to it." Ashley's aunt said.

She left.

"Ugh." Ashley said

"She seems nice." I said

"You when you're here. But when you're not I have to clean the whole house and make dinner for that evil thing." Ashely said.

"I'm sure she's not that bad." I said

"Really? When I was 5 she locked me in my room without food for a day because I shrieked. Brendan had to sneak some of his food for me." Ashley said and mentioning Brendan's name got her to crying again.

We sat on her bed. I put my arms around her. She out her head on my chest crying into my shirt. I just hate seeing her in so much pain. She doesn't deserve this. Well no one does.

I didn't want to leave her here by herself. I had her come over to my house to spend the night. The guys didn't know what happened to her. They were worried about her. I told them I'd tell them later.

She cried almost the whole night. I had my arms around her. I'll never let go of her.

.

Authors note: did you like it??? If you did please fan and vote!!! It's short, but I hope you guys liked this chapter.