Chapter 52

CHAPTER 52

Being married to Kyungsoo is pure bliss and happiness for Eunmi. She can never ask for anything more. Her husband was all along what she needed in her mundane life. Kyungsoo proved to be the sweetest and patient man she had ever met.

She also noticed changes in herself which can be explained by her pregnancy but others are positively attributed to being married.

There will be occasions when she will wake her husband up in the middle of the night because she is craving for peculiar foods like spicy chicken feet. Kyungsoo got use to this already that he learned how to cook it as there were a few times when her cravings started and he was not able to manage to find an open food stall selling one, to the point of pathetically waking up Jongdae asking for his help.

Despite Kyungsoo's busyness at work, he never wavered picking her up from her office or calling or texting her whenever he can during the day. There were occassions he will bring her breakfast in bed before he goes off to work if he needed to be in early or simply surprising her with a stalk or a bouquet of lilies when he picks her up or when he comes home late. Sometimes he will surprise her with a small gift (take note, her husband's gifts are always expensive) or bring her to a special dinner every now and then. Her favourite was when Kyungsoo treated her to a romantic, candlelit dinner at Namsan Tower.

Of course, he did rent the whole restaurant for no reason just because he wanted to please her.

Sometimes she feels rather small with everything he is giving to her. Like after their marriage, Kyungsoo gave her a bunch of cards for her to use despite insisting she has her own money to spend. It is not a competition but the only thing decent she has managed to give to Kyungsoo was a vintage limited edition pen with his name initials egraved discreetly on it. She knows her husband is not expecting from her though she felt she is not giving back enough.

So in return, she ensures she shows effort at anything to please him too like she always makes sure she prepared his clothes for work everyday. At times bringing him lunch to his office whenever she can since their schedules have returned back to normal. Also if Kyungsoo is busy on weekends, Eunmi will make sure she accompanies him wherever it is. She can't deny it but she loves every minute of being Kyungsoo's wife.

Another thing that changed with her is if he comes home late from work, she will not sleep until Kyungsoo comes back home and gives him head massages to relax him. There are occasions she will cook some snacks for him at night particularly if she knew he has brought his work to home. Her husband wouldn't want her to bother but will be grateful in the end with her insistence.

She tries her very best to show how much she loves him too, no matter how little and insignificant it is. She knows Kyungsoo is delighted with all the small things of affection she is giving him by the way he reciprocates them with his own actions.

Like when they were still on their honeymoon, her phone was missing and Kyungsoo tried to help her finding it by ringing her phone. When he found it, he was overjoyed seeing that his name was saved as 'My Husband ❤️❤️❤️'. Next thing she knew, Kyungsoo surprised her with a cake embellished with 'My Wife ❤️❤️❤️' decoration on top.

Apparently, he pestered Sonbi to teach him to make the said cake, even though he is a little scared of her.

As part of being a dutiful wife to him, Eunmi visits Daddy Edward regularly as well particularly if her husband is too caught up with work. He has private nurses looking after him at the hospital but she makes sure to assist them with bed bathing or simply cutting his nails.

Eunmi can only pray his father-in-law will soon wake up to lessen her husband's worry. The doctors have said his health is stable yet they cannot explain why he hasn't woken up until now.

On her third month of pregnancy, Kyungsoo again surprised her with the cutest baby room she had ever seen in her life, wondering how her husband manage to renovate the room without her knowledge. The wall colours and furnitures are in pastel colours complete with all baby stuff and cute plushies and other toys she could ever think of. When she whined that they don't even know the gender of the baby yet, Kyungsoo just simply said they will save the other toys for the next one to come making Eunmi blushed.

There is no doubt Kyungsoo treats her like a queen ensuring everything is done for her to the point of annoyance at times. Eunmi cannot do anything anyways for she knew she won't win.

They had promised each other to never ever end the day fighting and sleeping without resolving their issues no matter what. That promise started because of one time when she got so upset and angry with Kyungsoo.

It was actually quite petty but boy, she got so emotional that she herself does not understand what she was feeling. Luckily her husband is a very understanding man. That was the time when she realised she truly loves her husband so much that she knew she cannot live without him.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
©️Ynnatbeel 02/08/2021

Thank you all for those who added this story to their reading list 😊
It only motivates me more 😌
Happy reading y'all ❤️