Chapter 2: The Trollhunter

Start from the beginning

Y/N decided she already hated History half way through Strickler's first sentence and her mind wandered to her amulet and it's strange behaviour trying to come up with an answer for it but was lost at what it meant repeating the words over and over again in her head. 'for Daylight comes forth Moonlight thus protect'

She knew that Moonlight must mean her but what was Daylight? She was cut from her thoughts as Claire tapped her shoulder and told her to pay attention and pull out her computer, Y/N did so with Claire helping her find the website Strickler wanted them to look at.

"Okay there you go." Her cousin said as she gave her computer back to Y/N who took one glance at the website and groaned putting her head on the desk at how much information was on it making Claire roll her eyes. "It's easy Y/N/N, just read section 1-3."

Y/N looked up at her cousin and smiled gently. "Thanks, don't know what I would've done today if you weren't here." Making Claire smile back as they both got back to work.

Strickler walked around the class everyone on their computers except for Jim who's hand was resting on his face and staring at Y/N with a small smile on his face not paying attention to anything but her.

Toby waved his hand across Jim's eyes trying to grab his attention but it didn't work and the boy kept on staring dreamingly at the girl. "Really?" Toby groaned rolling his eyes at his best friend "Close your mouth. You're drooling."

Jim glanced at Toby then back to Y/N. "No. No, I'm not. What are you doing?" Jim asked looking down at Toby's screen.

"Research!" Toby explained typing fast on the keyboard.

"Hey, look up 'talking amulet'." Jim told the boy the words 'talking amulet' making Y/N perk up and look at the two with furrowed eyebrows as she quickly looked in her bag for her amulet whilst having a mini heart attack thinking they had hers but sighed in relief when it was there shoving it back under her feet trying to listen in on the boys conversation.

"I already did that. All I got was toys. One of them was a plushie." Toby exclaimed pointing to a toy on his laptop.

"Jim! Would you agree?" Mr Strickler questioned Jim from behind him making him jump not realising he was behind him and as well for Y/N who also didn't realise Strickler was still in the classroom.

"Sir?-" Jim replied quickly before getting cut off by the teacher continuing his question to the boy who was so obviously not paying attention.

"With Herodotus' opinion on his tactics of war, as I've described." He pulled his pens lid off then put it back on glaring down at Jim. Y/N was so glad at that moment that Strickler didn't notice she wasn't paying attention either, not wanting to make a fool of herself on the first day.

"Uh..." Jim turned to Toby for help who quickly looks away and back to his computer also not knowing the answer as Jim turns back to Mr Strickler trying to act like he knew the answer. "Absolutely!"

"Excellent. Which tactics, specifically?" Strickler smirked questioning the boy further.

"The, uh... winning ones?" Jim nervously says making everyone in the class laugh as the bell rings.

"All right, all right. Don't forget, Michaelson, chapters four and five." Mr Strickler called out to the class who all ignored him.

Y/N was pulled up by Claire as she hooked her arm around her own and walked out of class, Y/N glancing back at Jim who was already looking at her making them share a small smile before she left the class still wondering what Toby and Jim and been talking about before.

Jim packed up his books and bag until Mr Strickler spoke."Jim! May I have a word?"

The boy turned to the teacher as he accidently knocks his bag onto the ground. "Oh!" Going down to the ground to put everything back Strickler crouching down to help.