v

By morning break both Mitsuri and Shinobu had already dragged you out of bed, the peaking of the barely awakening sun blinding you as goosebumps crawled over your exposed arms from the sheer cold.

They had mentioned something about it being a long journey and that the earlier you all left, the better. You didn't question it—there was no point if they were trying to help you.

"I'll make some sandwiches for lunch and some extra food if necessary." Mitsuri mentioned to Shinobu as both girls worked quickly and diligently in the rather cramped kitchen. Despite the small space, they seemed to find no issues working between each other to get done what needed to be done.

You stood at the doorway of your room, tired and drowsy as you watched how the girls buzzed with energy.

"Y/N, would you like me to take anything for you?" Mitsuri called out, looking up at you as you quickly scribbled on your book.

'Just some extra food. Maybe fruits? Why do you guys have so much energy anyways'

Shinobu smiled as she read your note, packing up some necessities like money and toiletries. "If we can really find Rengoku or Uzui then we'll probably be able to meet up with the rest of our old friends."

"I'm just excited to explore!" The pinkette laughed.

Shinobu smirked and nudged her side with her hips. "Explore Obanai?" She teased, watching her friend turn a dark shade of red. Both you and Shinobu shared a laugh—though yours was more like huffs and puffs of air and snorts. "I'm just teasing. Honestly, I'm quite excited to meet with Himejima-san again. I'd love to see what other rituals and spells he's made."

Tilting your head, you brought up your notebook again. 'Who's Himejima-san?'

"He was the first one of our friends to get into witchcraft! He introduced us all to it." Mitsuri smiled, placing the last piece of bread atop the last needed sandwich. "He's intimidating at first but he's got a kind heart."

Shinobu nodded before turning to you. "If anyone could help us best with your curse, it's him."

Nodding, you left to allow them to continue their respective packing, writing down that you'd help by packing belongings like clothing and other accessories and items. By the time you all finished, the sun was up and the small town had begun to wake, the people beginning with their busy day.

"Goodbye home." Mitsuri smiled sadly as she locked the door behind you three.

Shinobu snickered and shook her head. "It's not like we'll never return. We just have to free Y/N of  their curse and then we can return."

"Yeah but it's still sad!" The girl whined, throwing her head back with a cry. "We haven't been away from home for long periods of time. Who knows when I'll see it again!" Both you and Shinobu shared an amused look as the dark haired female led you all out towards the street. "I'm really gonna miss drinking tea on the porch."

"Dont be dramatic." Shinobu scolded playfully. She was quick to lead the three of you toward the over passing of the train tracks—the quickest and least used path to leave town. "If we can't return then we'll find a better home. That apartment was too small to begin with." She cringed with the last statement.

Despite the playfulness in her tone, Mitsuri gasped. "It was homey!" She shot back.

Rolling her eyes, Shinobu retorted, "Yeah sure. Come on, don't cause a scene now; we already look suspicious leaving town so suddenly."

Doing as told, the three spent no more than another ten minutes in silence just leaving. The mountains had come into view as lengthy paths surrounded by grassy fields appeared behind the restricting stone walls of your town. A smile crept on your lips upon leaving the place you had known all your life.