16 : 𝖵𝗂𝖼𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗒 𝖴𝗉𝗋𝗂𝗌𝗂𝗇𝗀

Start from the beginning

"Copy! Wilco!"

Commander Choi chucked his radio back in his chest pocket. Him and Corporal Pierre took cover inside a building. They climbed up the dusty stairs, positioned to the second floor, and aimed their guns at the Nordame troops below.

"You gotta find that goddamn Nordame commander, sir." Corporal Pierre croaked.

Commander Choi shot a soldier. "I know. I need to locate that fucker's hideout."

"Useless coward, ain't he?"

Commander Choi grinded his teeth. "Yes. Yes, he is."

------------------------------------------------------------

The Montverde prisoners were anxiously preparing for combat.

Y/N had provided them with a weapon of their choice, varying from firearms and explosives. However, it wasn't sufficient. Thus, some men decided to give up their items to the women. They chose to use hammers, saws, and axes instead— tools they've once used in slavery, now for freedom.

"Nurse Y/N," a teenage boy chirped. "Our lookout says there are about 40 guards today."

Y/N's brows furrowed. "What? There were just 20 an hour ago."

"A couple troops had to come back for new equipments, ma'am."

Y/N scratched her head. "It's.. It's fine.. There's still hundreds of us.."

"200 of us." Diana corrected. "Nurse Y/N, I'm afraid that's not enough."

"Why is that?"

Diana stared at her grenade belt. "Nordame is smart.. A small group can already be the death of u—"

"Listen to me," Y/N grabbed her shoulders. "200 versus 40 is an obvious bet. We're making it out of here alive. All of us. Do you understand?"

"But—"

"Diana! Do you understand?!"

The lady frantically nodded. Y/N stood straight, depicting a fervent image of a brave and wise leader. She lead her crowd by the doors. In a moment, she will signal the first batch to bust it open and charge.

"Remember what I instructed you." Y/N faced them. "Never turn back. There's nothing for us to be afraid of. To those I entrusted the kids with, run the other way and head to a safe place. Anywhere will do. We'll find you once the coast is clear."

"Yes, ma'am!"

"This is our only chance." Y/N loaded her gun.

A lookout peeped from a small hole. Nordame guards were sitting by a single tank. They must take those people down before one climbs up the vehicle and blast them to extinction. Y/N held up a palm, telling them to be ready.