Chapter 10 - Bickering Days

Start from the beginning

"That's why I said you are stupid AND reckless! You don't know what or whom you are up against. You think getting Mr. Lim's support will shield you from Jessica?"

Taeyeon scrunched up her face, looking upset and turned her face away from Tiffany. "I'm not relying on Mr. Lim." She mumbled. Somehow secretly, Tiffany's scolding felt more comforting than annoying, it felt nice to have someone care or worry about her.

"Then you are so stupid, you can't be even more stupid! You don't have anyone you can rely on! Now you even made a move against Yuri!" Tiffany scolded her. "Who taught you the right to be this arrogant?"

The shorter girl turned her head back to her, raising her voice. "Ah! So, you asked me to come here to study, it's just so you can scold me!?? You sure Jessica didn't send you?" She squinted her eyes observing her.

"We are probably not going to hang very often anymore...at least for now." Tiffany said half heartedly.

"Huh?"

"Jess and I had an argument...Never mind that, so, what's actually going on between you and Jess? Why the conflict? It can't just be about competing for a rank."

"Shouldn't you know? She is your best friend."

"Yes. I meant why is she always against you?"

Taeyeon started to list all the things that had happened between Jessica and her for the past few weeks.

"No. She is not like that; Jess would never fake a post or do something like that."

"That's up to you to decide. But who else would post something like that in place of Sunny?"

Tiffany adjusted her posture and rested her head on her palm. "I mean it doesn't have to be Jess! I know she gets competitive, but she wouldn't threaten others..."

"She is your best friend. You can believe whatever you want."

Tiffany ruffled her hair and slumped her shoulders in defeat, as much as she wanted to defend Jessica, she had no reasons left in her.

"And then it's the magazine incident." Taeyeon looked at Tiffany, hoping the latter doesn't start hating her because she isn't on good terms with the latter's best friend. "You shouldn't have suspected your friends without evidence you know; It's kind of reckless to make trouble when you don't have to."

Tiffany looked at her and gave her a little laugh, "Really, Taeyoon? Why did you say it was Jessica's idea without evidence then? Isn't that just asking for trouble? What did we just talk about, hmmm?"

"I already said it was to warn her and it didn't go as you said!!"

"I still think you are stupid."

"Am not."

"You are stupid."

"I am not stupid."

"Really?"

"Yep, I am not stupid."

"What about the food tray incident where you splashed yourself with your own lunch?"

"Fine! I am really stupid."

------

That evening after school.

"Dad!"

...

"Dad! What are you doing here!?"

Jessica yelled at the man sleeping inside a car with his window rolled down.

"Why did you stay so long? Didn't you know we have a meeting tomorrow?" Her father spoke after rubbing the sleep of his eyes.

"I don't care for your stupid meetings!"