Chapter 17 (Next Shift)

It's a few days later and Shay is on shift at the firehouse. Antonio stopped by and saw Shay and Brett doing inventory in the ambulance. Antonio walked up to them. "Hey Shay how are you?" Antonio asked. "I'm fine...I'm working through it." She told him giving him a weak smile. "How are you?" She asked Antonio. "Same I'm working through it." He told her. "That's good." Shay said. "Um...I...I have to go check something." Shay said walking off. Brett looked after her worriedly. Antonio looked after her as well. "How is she really?" He said turning towards Brett. Brett sighed. "She's...she's not good Antonio. I'm really worried about her. She's not taking this well." Brett said sadly. "Yeah I was worried about that." Antonio said. "How are you really?" Brett asked him. "Honestly? I'm worried. I'm really worried Sylvie. She's my baby sister." Antonio said. "Yeah I understand that. I'm really worried too. I think everyone is. But she's strong. She'll make it through this." Brett told him. "Yeah she's tough. She always has been. I remember when she was six, she fell off the swings and broke her arm and she didn't even cry. After she fell I ran over to her and I asked her if she was okay and she obviously wasn't. You wanna know what she said?" Antonio said smiling. "What?" Brett asked. "Of course Tony! Im tough girl!" He said laughing. "Then she raised her not broken arm and made a flexed her muscle." Brett laughed. "That is so adorable" Brett said. "Yeah she was a cute kid." Antonio said smiling.