eight

Kay Cook

The screen lights up. "What are you doing?" Nadia turns and looks at her. "Nothing." Quinn rolls her eyes and walks over to her. "Your hair is a pretty brown. eyes are very pretty and they mean something. your height is good for your personality. the dimple on your left cheek is as cute as the rest of you." she looks in the mirror and something flashes in her eyes.

"Your stomach is cute and it's amazing how everything matches with your smooth Carmel skin." Nadia looks at her. "And you?" Quinn smiles. "Nothing. I believe in what I believe." Nadia turns to her. "Standing in front of the mirror for two hours isn't working." Quinn gasped.

"I don't do that." Nadia smiles. "Yes you do. Because Lylliya does the same." she scoffs. the beat starts along with a small hum.

"I woke up, look in the mirror today, yeah. Got so many things that I wanna change, and everybody's got something to say, But that's just who we are. My new clothes don't fit anymore now me and the mirror still continue to fall out. I don't like this stranger staring at me. Yeah."

Nadia sings as she opens a door and frowns. "Your pretty." Lylliya looks up at her. "I guess." she says and walks past her. "All my insecurities, Wishing for something different. All the things you do to me, Tell me the truth." Lylliya looks up and smiles.

"Are we beautiful? All of us? 'Cause we got something natural, It's a part of us. Darlin', when they put you down like that, Yeah, you can reply right back. You are beautiful (yeah) I know, I know, you are. I know, I know, you are." Ryliane sings as she looks down at all of the girls.

"I found myself looking again, Wondering why my body doesn't look like them. Know it might sound weird but I refuse to pretend, And then you probably think the same every now and again." Quinn sighs and looks at other people around her. "I got more than all these scars I got flaws and broken hearts, I don't like this stranger staring at me. Yeah.*

"All my insecurities. Searching for something different. All the things you do to me. Tell me the truth." the song dies out a little. "Okay now open." the little girl gasp and turns. "Why did you do this?" the other small girl behind her smiles. "I have a feeling that once we get older nothing is going to change but hold on to this."

the girl nods. "The people who forced you to be this way do not define you. Now you will think because the way you are now will cause something to go wrong. And it will I won't lie but you have always been there for me since forever. You will get older and hate yourself more but it won't change the love that I have for you. Deep down you have more love for yourself than what I or anyone can give you."

"Are we beautiful? All of us? 'Cause we got something natural, It's a part of us. Darlin', when they put you down like that. Yeah, you can reply right back. You are beautiful (yeah) I know, I know, you are (I know, I know, I know) I know, I know, you are. I know, I know, you are." Nadia and Ryliane sing together.

"We are beautiful all of us. 'Cause we got something natural it's a part of us. Darlin', when they put you down like that, Yeah, you can reply right back. We are beautiful, yeah. I know, I know, we are." Lylliya sings as she looks at the girls.

"We are beautiful (yeah) All of us. 'Cause we got something natural (no?) It's a part of us. Darlin', when they put you down like that, Yeah, you can reply right back we are beautiful (yeah) I know, I know, we are. We are I know, I know, we are." Quinn sings as she looks in the big large mirror.

In the back it says. 'Deep down you have more love for yourself than what I or anyone can give you.' by Ryliane.

"We are beautiful (yeah) All of us. 'Cause we got something natural (no?) It's a part of us. Darlin', when they put you down like that. Yeah, you can reply right back. We are beautiful (yeah) I know, I know, we are. We are. I know, I know, we are." the girls sing with a six little girls.

a beep was heard. "Hi I'm Quinlynn Moore. I'm twenty two and I hate myself. bye." the screen goes off.