I 30 I

we died ☂ 

Number Five, that little bastard. 

I pace around Five's room, angrily hurling things at the wall with my mind. The tiny slip of paper he thoughtfully left for me is clutched in my right fist. 

Don't look for me 

What in the ever-loving world does that mean? Okay, I know what it means, but he could've at least told me where he was going, or if he was safe. Not that I give a shit. 

After escaping from the two assassins, I found the note in my pocket, which explained Five's absence. Well, sort of explained it. I assume he must have gone somewhere on a lead to stop the apocalypse, but who knows. For all I know, he's in Hawaii getting married to Dolores. He's probably drinking margarita's and saying aloha to his new life. Dolores's dress is probably super revealing and-

'Y/n?' Alison knocks gently on the door. 'Can I come in?' 

I glance up at the door, surveying the state of the room. Broken glasses lay on the floor, and pillow feathers are strewn all around. It looks like a crime scene-to sum it up. I wave my arms, making everything fly into a semi-neat pile. 

'Yep!' I say, sitting on the bed. The door opens with a low creak. Alison takes one look at the room and sighs. 

'Are you okay?' 

'Yeah,' I say in a falsely happy voice. 'Totally great. Just peachy. Aloha.' 

She frowns, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. 'Okay. Uh, we're having a family meeting if you care to join.' 

'Sure, sure,' I take a deep breath. 'Is Vanya down there?' 

'Oh,' Alison's eyebrows shoot up. 'No. I don't know where she is.' 

I lick my lips. 'Well, why aren't you looking for her?' 

'The others wanted me to find you first,' Alison explains. 'So..' 

'Yeah, I'm coming,' I say, tucking my hands in my pockets. 

__

'Three days?' Alison says, passing Luther a cup of coffee. 

'That's what Five said.' Luther nods. 

'The old bastard did mention the apocalypse, come to think of it.' Klaus says, sitting cross legged on the floor. 'He just left out the part about how soon.'

'But can we trust him?' Alison asks. 'I don't know if you've noticed, but Five's a little...' she whistles, twirling a finger around her head. 

'Our little psycho.' Klaus says fondly. 

'He's not crazy!' I point out. 

Everyone looks at me. 'It's true.' I lower my voice slightly. 

'Oh, by the way,' Klaus starts. 'What's going on with you and Five, Y/n?' 

'Nothing.' I say. 'Absolutely nothing.' 

They don't look convinced. 

'Oh sure,' Klaus says. 'Sure. Like you weren't undressing him with your eyes when he was making out with you.' 

Diego spits out his coffee. 'What?' 

'It was a cover story,' I protest. 

'Cover story my ass,' Klaus says. 'The ass I waxed with chocolate pudd-' 

'We know, Klaus,' Luther shakes his head, covering his face with a groan. 'Can we please just get back on topic?' 

'Gladly,' I say, slumping back down on a chair. 

'He was pretty convincing.' Luther continues. 'If he wasn't trying to stop an apocalypse, those lunatics wouldn't be chasing him.'

'That's why they were after him?' Diego asks. 

'Yeah.'

'What did Five even see?' Alison asks. 

'Uh... Apparently, we all fought together against whoever was responsible.' He pauses for a while. 'Okay. So, here's the plan. Uh, we go through Dad's research...'

'Wait, what?'

'Hold on, hold on.' Diego says. 

'Wait a tick, wait a tick, wait a tick.' Klaus says. 'What actually happened, the first time around?'

'Yeah. What are you not tellin' us?' Diego adds. 'Come on, big boy, spit it out.'

Luther takes a sip of coffee. 'Weed.'

'What was that?' Alison asks. 

'I said, uh...we...uh...' 

'We died,' I say very loudly. 

There's no point sugar coating it.