I 4 I

well it would if you were smarter ☂ 

'What do you mean, 'Number Eight'?' Diego demands. 'There's only 7 of us.'

'Wrong,' I clasp my hands together. 'Dad kept me locked up in the downstairs chamber for my entire life.'

Silence.

'It's true,' Vanya interjects in a slightly louder voice than normal, to which Luther's brow furrows deeper. 'I met Y/n after one of your missions, when I was hiding in the kitchen.'

I nod. 'Every night she would come down to my room to talk to me in secret.' 

Vanya smiles, but it fades quickly. 'It must've been horrible..on your own.' 

It was.

'It just doesn't make sense though,' Luther argues, mildly frustrated. 'Why would Dad hide an 8th member?'

'Because he thought I would accidentally kill someone with my so-called ability,' I explain dully. 

'What are your powers?' Alison asks. 

'Manipulation over anything.' I respond automatically. 

'Anything?' Klaus inquires. 

'Anything.'

'Prove it,' Diego leans back in his chair. 

I hold my hand out, the vivid blue light flickering against my fingertips. With little effort, Dad's desk raises two feet in the air. Klaus's eyes widen and he grips the sides in order to stop himself from falling off. I let the desk slowly lower back to the ground.

'Enough proof for you?' I tap my fingers on my uniform skirt.

'You say that you can control anything?' Luther says. 'People too?'

I yawn, leaning forward. Concentrating on Luther's eyes, I snap my fingers. He blinks, looking around.

'Stand.'

He stands.

'Sit back down.'

Luther sits.

'How-?' Alison starts.

'It's because my ability allows me to shift the emotional side of cranial neutron placement which affects toxins across the human brain that can cause negative or positive reactions.' I say. 'Anything else?'

'No, no I think that's good,' Klaus grins at me sideways. 'You know who Y/n reminds me of?'

He exchanges glances with someone behind him. 'You think so too?'

'There are more important things to discuss right now!' Luther says impatiently.

'Really, Luther?' Alison cuts in, giving him an annoyed look. Luther looks extremely taken aback. 'You just found out we have another sibling that Dad hid from us in the basement, and you don't consider that an important topic?'

Luther gulps like a fish out of water. 'No, I just-'

'She's got a point, big guy,' Diego says with a sarcastic grin. 'So tell us, Y/n. Why do you look 12?'

I roll my eyes. '15. I was in a coma for a long time, so I physically didn't age. Apparently Dad thought I needed to wait to learn to control my powers, when my brain was more-' I sigh. 'Evolved.'

'So he decided to freeze you for what-several years?' Diego slaps his knee. 'Dad's a real maniac.' 

'For once, I agree with Diego,' Alison shakes her head. 'That's just cruel.' She ignores Luther's protest.

'Which means, you're mentally-29?' Vanya asks.

'Twenty-eight,' I correct.

'Whoa, so you're like...old enough to drink,' A happy expression dawns on Klaus's face. 

'Is that all you care about?' Alison chides.

'Well, I'm also very invested in my....other substances,' Klaus pets his skirt. 'Very.'

Diego rolls his eyes. 'Moving on now.'

'Can I please speak?' Luther asks gruffly.

'Fine.'

'We need to discuss how Dad died,' He says insistently.

'A heart failure-are you stupid or something?' I retort.

'I like this one,' Klaus claps his hands.

Luther glares at me.

Screw you Luther. 

Author's note-

I promise it'll get more interesting...Five's coming soon 😉