seventeen (not memes)

Bakugo stared down at the casket being elevated down into the 6 foot deep hole, his boyfriend holding him by his waist.

Best Jeanist, died as rank 3 in the worldwide Hero ranking of 2034, murdered by Hawks who was gathering information for the Japanese government by infiltrating the League of Villians.

Hawks was killed by that same League four years after Best Jeanist's death. The body was dug up by one of the villians and displayed loudly and proudly by said villian during the convention.

Bakugo grabbed the shovel handed to him by one of the former sidekicks and shovelled dirt onto the casket, passing it along right after. Even if 15 year old Katsuki wouldn't admit it, he has like Best Jeanist's work since he was 8.

The man was one of the first LGBT heroes to reach the top ten ranking, giving the 8 year old, who was starting to figure out why girls disgusted him so much, hope.

While he'd only fully figured out he was gay when he was 13 and came out at 17, he knew Best Jeanist would've been proud of him.

Proud of him for being who he is.

Proud of him for believing in himself and not letting other people's opinions on his sexuality haunt him.

And watching that very same man, the man who made him realize that even if he was aggressive and too prideful, being buried after years of noble work, years of giving people like him, Kirishima, Shinso and the others hope of not being excluded, he couldn't help it.

It was pain. It was grief.

The casket was fully hidden, the hole now filled to the brim. Kirishima pulled Bakugo close to him as he hid his face in his chest, crying into the black jacket.

"He's proud of you," Kirishima whispered to his boyfriend, putting his chin over the top of his head.

A hero who worked with Best Jeanist on some investigations walked over towards the two, "Dynamight," she said, the blond moving his head to look towards her. She smiled at him, "you know having this quirk sucks when you're at a graveyard," she put a hand over Bakugo's head, her quirk was 'ghost'. She could see and talk to ghosts, most of the ghosts she saw were guardians, but when she's in a graveyard or an old house her quirk acts up, but since they were at a hero graveyard, most of the ghosts of said heroes were protectors. "He's your guardian. He's been there for you since he died. I promise you."

Bakugo looked at the other hero, smiling at her and continuing to stuff his head into Kirishima's chest. Best Jeanist was guarding him.

He was with him.

Until the end.