STORY OF THE CHUBBY 32

Start from the beginning

‘No it’s alright. I got this,’ I said, rejecting his money, and getting out of the car before he could even object.

I stepped into the store, the bell at the door ringing, signalling the cashier of a customer. The cashier was a skinny guy probably in his twenties, long messy dark hair, sitting by the counter reading some sports magazine. He barely gave me a glance before he was back to his magazine.

I walked straight to the sodas, got a six pack of 7 up soda, and headed to the junk food section, wondering how I would carry all these to the counter. A few minutes later, I headed to the counter and dumped the six pack soda, Pringles, a packet of Skittles (As if I wouldn’t get a packet), two bottles of Evian and a pack of melon gum.

The guy at the counter dropped his magazine and started ringing the items, an amused expression on his face.

‘They aren’t all mine,’ I said, not really knowing why I felt the need to explain myself.

‘Sure,’ he said breaking into a grin, momentarily looking at me, so that I could see his striking blue eyes laughing at me.

‘Jerk,’ I muttered with every intention of him hearing.

He shrugged as if he didn’t care, ‘I didn’t really say anything, so I don’t know why you’re calling me a jerk.’ But he was still grinning as he said this.

‘Ha, ha. Laugh all you can. See if I care,’ I said, rolling my eyes. I wasn’t actually annoyed. I was just...there.

The guy looked at me, his eyes still twinkling, leaning on the counter so that I was just a few inches from his face. There was something about blue eyes, I thought, cocking my head to the side.

‘Is that how you lure us chubby girls to your lair and feed off us? With your striking eyes?’

He backed up and threw his head back, laughing heartily. He held up his hands as if in surrender, ‘You got me. So what do you say? Come to my lair willingly.’ He winked playfully at me, leaning back on the counter. ‘Or should I just hypnotize you?’

I smiled. He was okay, I guess, I thought. Now I know he was just playing and I had a feeling that we could be really good friends. I was going to say something when the door opened to reveal Chris.

He looked between us, narrowing his eyes at our proximity, then clearing his throat, ‘Um...’

The blue eyed boy and I moved away from each other. ‘That’ll be $9.89,’ he said smiling, slyly. I handed him a few bills from my pocket.

I knew my cheeks were flushed right now as he started packing the snacks. I could feel Chris’s staring at me but I couldn’t bring myself to look at him.

‘I’ll be in the car,’ and then he was gone.

‘Boyfriend?’ Blue eyed boy asked, handing me the snacks in a bag.

‘I wish,’ I said, scoffing. ‘Here’s for the gas, too.’ I said handing him the money had given me earlier.

He chuckled, ‘It’s complicated, right? I get it. Can I get your number?’

‘Um,’ I hesitated. ‘Sure.’ I wasn’t sure why I was giving my number to a stranger so willingly, but I had a good feeling about him.

He removed his phone from his pocket and I gave him my number which he saved me under ‘Chubby’.

‘Seriously?’ I asked, laughing. ‘I can’t escape that name. Anyway,’ I said, brushing off his confused look. ‘I have to go. We’re kinda in a hurry. Nice to meet you...’

‘Patrick,’ he said smiling.

‘Cecelia,’ I said. ‘Bye!’

I rushed to the car and we were off as soon as I closed my door.

‘So...you looked cozy with that guy,’ Chris started.

I rolled my eyes, ‘So what if I was. Why does it bother you?’

Chris looked a little shocked, as if he didn’t expect that response, ‘No...it-it doesn’t.’

We drifted into an awkward silence for about two minutes before I sighed.

‘Look, Chris,’ I said, buckling my seatbelt, ‘You’re my friend. We moved from that state of bantering a long time ago and I really don’t want to keep fighting with you over stupid things. And I want to enjoy this trip with you, okay? So can we please, please stop fighting just for now? We’ll talk things over when we get there, deal?’

He risked a glance at me, looking contemplative, before he gave me a small smile, ‘Yeah. You’re right. I’m sorry I’m acting like a girl on her period.’

I playfully punched him, ‘Don’t make fun of girls on periods!’

‘Oh I know enough not to! I have cousins who gave me and earful when I did,’ he fake shuddered which made me laugh.

He smiled brightly, and I felt the tension disperse. I had missed this with him, I thought, sticking my tongue out at him. I didn't know how much, until now.

A/N:
Heyoooo people! 
I'm excited at the rate people are reading my book. Welcome new readers! 
Thank you for  17.9k. Honestly I hadn't pictured getting here:) thank you!
Thank you for all your votes! And comments!  Your comments excite me and some just make feel so...great. Gives me motivation!
I've been thinking of another story but... it's still in the thinking-drafting process so...I'll tell you what happens Okay ?
Enjoy lovez! You're all amazing! Tell me what you think by commenting and don't forget to voooote!

Special shoutout to JOUWIEEEE! Here's what happens in my head girlie! Ha...only fair because I've peeked into your head too.

Hi Katara852:)

I love you all!