Chapter Three: Angel and Devil

The doorbell rang and I looked across the table to where Gavin was staring intently at the game board in front of us. We had spent majority of the morning just sitting at the table and playing board games. "Gavin, go get the door." I said.

"No, it's your house, you get it." He replied, still not looking up.

"Sassy much?" I grumbled, getting up and making sure to knock the game pieces over in the process. 

"HEY! WHat was that for?!" He asked, his eyes wide.

I smirked and walked towards the door. It started ringing a second time just when I pulled the door open. "How may I --" I started, when I saw who was at the door. "How are you Rena? Please, come in." 

"I brought you guys the contacts. Here, try them on." She said, handing me the contacts. 

"GAVIN! Get over here!" 

"Coming."

I ducked into the washroom, and pulled the contact case out. I washed my hands with soap and dried them with a clean towel. I took the left contact out of the case and placed it onto my right index finger. With my left and right middle finger, I pulled my upper and lower eyelid away from my eye, and gently placed the contact into my eye, covering my multicoloured iris. I closed my eyes and opened them. I repeated the process with my right eye and blinked. I stared into the mirror and shining, bright blue eyes stared back at me. I smiled and opened the door, Gavin looked at my eyes and said, "It looks good." Then he brushed past me and into the bathroom. Five minutes later, Gavin unlocked the door and walked out, his yellow eyes stared into my own blue ones and we nodded. Our new life as undercover legendary people has just began.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I poised my hand over Gavin's doorbell. I got ready to ring the doorbell when I heard Meg call my name. I whipped my head around faster than I thought was possible and spotted her immediately. I waved and she started running over. 

"What happened at the party last night?" She questioned, slightly out of breath from running. 

I ignored her and rang the doorbell. The door opened and I was greeted by a smiling Gavin. "Hey." He said, nodding. He was wearing a loose fitting tshirt and a pair of dark jeans, his dark blue Jansport hanging on his left shoulder. I glanced at his eyes to see that he was wearing his yellow contacts. I nodded in approval, at least he hadn't forgotten. I had gotten up early this morning to make sure my blue contacts didn't reveal any part of my multicolored eyes. 

"Hey, your eyes changed." Meg commented when she saw Gavin's eyes. He simply nodded, but he stared down at the floor. Meg didn't seem to find anything wrong with that as she immediately turned to face me. "Yea, so what happened last night?" 

"Nothing," I said brushing her off. 

She scoffed, "Don't give me that crap, Cole told me about your little "episode" last night." She paused, "Seriously, what happened, I'm your best friend, you can tell me anything."

I sighed, I stared at her eyes. "Oh you went through the change..." She said.

I nodded, "It happened almost right when I got to the party." 

"I'm sorry, I should've been there with you..." 

I hugged her, "It's fine Meg."

She nodded and pulled away, we started walking to school, making some small talk. After 5 minutes, we finally arrived at our busy high school. At the front door, Meg and I went in different directions, she had classes on Floor 2, Gavin and I had class on Floor 3.

"My contact is hurting my eye." Gavin stated randomly while we were walking to history. 

I rolled my eyes, "Too bad, you can't take them off, unless you wanna risk getting caught by... Her."

We fell into an awkward silence. No one knew what to say. We walked into the history classroom and sat down next to each other. The teacher started talking about the Civil War and the causes and effects it had on society. I felt my attention slipping off of the teacher's boring voice and falling into a dream.

I was walking down a long dark sidewalk. It was raining but I didn't have an umbrella. I felt the rain sink through my thin t-shirt and wet my skin. It was refreshing and cold. The wind was blowing, as if it was trying to pass an angry message to me. I bumped into a young woman. She was beautiful, even without any makeup on. It was a natural beauty that all the girls in this age covered with layers and layers of makeup. But something was wrong, something about the angularity of her face...it didn't fit. "Taliza Upal." 

"Who are you?" I asked, curiously.

She laughed, it was a harsh, menacing laugh. It didn't fit her looks. I frowned, something told me I should run, but I didn't. Curiousity got the better of me, I stood there and stared at her face.

"Run, I enjoy a chase." She suggested, her voice in a evil teasing tone. 

I turned around and ran. Her laugh seemed to follow me. "You can run Taliza, but I'll always find you." 

The wind blew harshly, slapping my hair against my face. Suddenly, the scene changed. I was walking on the beach. My toes tracing light patterns on the sand. Another woman stepped into my view. She was also beautiful, her face seemed as if it was made gently, curves in just the right places that gave her face that angelic look. "Hello." She said, bowing slightly, as if I was of a higher rank than her. 

"H-hi..." I said, shakily, not sure what to say. I returned the bow, but she stopped me.

"No! You musn't! I am not worthy of your bows." I straightened myself, confused. 

"What do you mean?" 

She shook her head, "You'll understand in time. For now, go back to the place you belong to. Live your life while you still have time Taliza Upal." She started shimmering and I placed my hand over my eyes, to shield my eyes from being exposed to the light. The glow disappeared and I removed my hand. She was gone. 

Everything was shaking. Was an earthquake happening? I've never encountered one before in my life. "Tally!" I heard Gavin whispering. Why is he calling me? Is an earthquake actually happening? I groggily opened my dry eyes to see Mr. Bels looking at me with disapproving eyes.

"Ms. Upal, please tell me if my lesson is boring you. I would gladly allow you to come up here and teach the class." 

I blushed furiously, "No thank you, I'm sorry I fell asleep asleep in your class Mr. Bels."

He nodded, and continued with his lesson.

I raised my hand, "May I go to the washroom to freshen up?"

He nodded again, and handed me a washroom pass. I quickly got up from my seat in the classroom, and walked towards the washroom. I sneaked a glance at Gavin, and he mouthed, tell me later.

I nodded slightly and left the room.