27. Fight for Survival

Start from the beginning

The signal that he meant was the grimm horde crashing down against Proxima. It would further pin him down for Indigo and Scarlet to come close enough to fight him in melee, initiating the next phase of the plan of subjugation.

Shaula turned her head back towards the front again, exclaiming, "On it!"

Meili would finally arrive afterwards, the horde ceasing its run as it stood behind her, the aerial grimm circling above. "I do hope that's enough though~"

Meanwhile, Proxima was pushed to pure defence from the sheer amount of projectiles he needed to avoid and block, to the point that his metallic wings were summoned to act as an extra pair of blades to help stop the needles from hitting him.

"Tsk-!"

The barrage would end however, as the last projectile was blocked with the use of his spear. But he knows it's not over. The horde that was sent against him would come crashing down, starting with a hail of giant feathers from Nevermores which he was forced to slice and dodge, to the sheer amount of bodies from various types of Grimm forcing him to hack and slash through. Despite the numbers though, Proxima was not whittled down one bit. Using his wings and spear he slayed them all several at a time, his spear killing anything that comes too close as his metallic wings acts as a perimeter defence that filters his targets.

But as soon as the horde thinned down, a giant blast of aura would knock him back, causing his aura to take damage. Scarlet came in crashing down, sending several blasts of red energy against him. Proxima recovered quickly and deflected them all as he met her in a clash of blades.

"You think you can stand against me!?"

"It's not just me!"

From behind, Indigo would arrive and attempt to strike Proxima in the back. Proxima was forced to pivot and kick her away, only to be met in a pincer manoeuvre between the two, parrying and retaliating against the both of them.

Indigo would leap away and throw several dust infused needles against him, conjuring flashes of light to try and blind him, giving Scarlet an opportunity to strike back at full power against Proxima. Proxima was startled by it and barely managed to defend against Scarlet, only to once again be forced to face both her and Indigo.

More grimm would come their way, the rest of Meili's horde being dispatched as Subaru and the rest of the group joined the fray.

"Minya!"

Yin magic crystals would be fired against the Sin Archbishop, which also forced Scarlet and Indigo to leap away in order to not take damage. Proxima would once again be pinned down as he's forced to block and destroy the shards coming his way. Half of the second horde would crash down against him, and Beatrice would be grabbed by Subaru who would jump away from their ride and roll to the ground, the Gryphon also joining in.

"Enough!"

Proxima's spear would glow purple, and he would strike its tip at the ground beneath him, causing an uproar of destruction that would destroy the horde charging against him. 

Shaula alongside Scarlet and Indigo charged against him and locked themselves in combat. Shaula partially transformed herself in order to conjure her claws, while Scarlet became the main brawler against him. Indigo being the one to cause Proxima the most inconvenience, forcing him to switch his focus constantly, not giving him any ground to even let him take down one of them.

Subaru and Beatrice would support them, Subaru making sure to strike with his whip in every free interval, and Beatrice firing minya crystal after minya crystal to pin Proxima even further. Meili in addition would make sure to dispatch the rest of her horde to catch the Archbishop off-guard.