A moment later, Subaru was then struck with an elbow to the side of his face. Kuro, attempting to take advantage of his apparent weakness, tried to stab him, but Subaru managed to block it. Then, Subaru countered by using the whip's pommel to strike at him. Kuro quickly teleported to the other side to dodge it and tugged the fabric of his cloak. He turned around, only to be met with a kick to the face, dazing him. Kuro once again disappeared.

He reappeared at the same place he stood the first time before they fought, "I thought that you were stronger than this, Subaru. You managed to give Scarlet a hard time there, even if it was only for a moment. I think I overestimated you too much-"

Kuro teleported again, narrowly dodging a boomerang thrown from the now annoyed Subaru. With a gesture of his palm, it quickly returned to his hand using the gravity dust infusion mechanism. For a few seconds, the boy was seemingly gone as both spirit and contractor remained on high alert.

Kuro then reappeared right behind them, proceeding to grab Beatrice without hesitation. Subaru turned to try and strike him with his dagger, only for him to disappear and reappear mid-air, falling. Beatrice was heard screaming for help. Subaru turned around, only capable of watching the scene unfold.

Swiftly, Kuro threw her to the ground using the momentum of his fall. He teleported once again, giving Subaru a hard punch and a kick to the face right after.

Subaru staggered back, eyes filled with anger as he stared at the boy, "How dare you hurt her!?"

Kuro widened his eyes. "Oh shit-" He dodged another strike, teleporting away before dodging another one.

He quickly teleported again and again, dodging strike after strike from him. Subaru was furious.

With a final dodge from the onslaught of whiplashing, Kuro then immediately teleported in front of Subaru and promptly disarmed him from his weapons, dropping it onto the ground.

He proceeded to give a kick towards Subaru, but he managed to block it. He gave a back kick of his own, but it was a miss as Kuro teleported once again. Unknowingly for the boy, Subaru, after observing his teleportation, knew where he would appear next.

He pivoted, knocking Kuro over to near the edge of the tower with a side kick. Staring at the boy's shocked expression, Subaru could only grin in satisfaction. His daily hand-to-hand training with Indigo and Yang had finally paid off.

He felt much faster and stronger than before with their help, even if it was only a slight improvement in his strength to fight alone compared to people like Garfiel, who he saw as a rising master in hand-to-hand combat Admittedly far better than Yang or that Mercury guy. Even if it was small compared to the likes of them, this increase was significant for someone like himself.

Kuro, knowing that he was becoming predictable, decided that he had to charge forward. He led with an opening slash at his face, but Subaru proceeded to sidestep it and counter with a left hook the boy barely managed to dodge. Subaru continued with an uppercut and then a punch to his kidney. Despite having aura, Kuro felt a sharp pain erupt from below his ribcage.

Kuro attempted to kick at his head shortly after he recovered, but Subaru managed to roll away and got into a defensive stance once more.

Kuro, seeing Subaru's stance, took it as a challenge. He backed away and went into his own stance as well, choosing to not wield his daggers and sheathed them back into their scabbards. He wanted to see just how far his opponent's hand-to-hand skills could actually reach.

Subaru led off with a hook punch, aiming for the boy's head. Kuro managed to parry it away and Subaru, who was still enraged from what happened to the spirit, continued on the offensive. He grabbed Kuro's head and swiftly struck the temple with his knee, causing the boy to let out a stunned shout.