Chapter Forty Eight

Start from the beginning

"Because I was able to come in when a young she wolf of suspicion could not"

RYANS POV.

"I have to go, but I'll catch up with you two later."
Craig and I had returned to the hospital room where Kiara was signing discharge papers and Craig was getting her things together. Kiara said nothing but only looked at me. She stared into my eyes once again seeing the inner depths of my soul, the darkest parts I hid from everyone. 
At that moment she looked more beautiful than I had ever before seen her. I wasn't angry, just disappointed.  This was supposed to be me and her starting our family. Still, my heart warmed seeing her. I was about to apologize to her as well when Keely came crashing in through the door, followed by Natalia. I still hadn't gotten used to my ex being friends with my.. well, I guess my other ex.

"Oh my Goddess Kiara! Are you OK? What happened?!" Squeeled Keely as she ran around the room to Kiara and hugged her neck. Kiara could only laugh.  Natalia stood at the door but she wasn't looking at Kiara. She was watching me and it wasn't one of lust or attraction but curiosity and as if she was trying to read my take on the situation.  I quickly but calmly made my exit figuring this would be a great opportunity to do so while Keely was mid melt down. I stopped down the hall way and mind linked Kiara.

"I'm sorry Kiara for my actions today.
You got this ok? And I'm here if you ever need me "

I shut off the mind link before she could respond and made my way out of the infirmary.
I was greeted by the other lycans Gabriel had brought and Dustin. They were all talking amongst themselves.  By the looks of it, Dustin had told them the news.

"Alpha.." said Lennox acknowledging my presence and I nodded in return.

"What's going on out here?" I asked looking at them all.

"We're looking for Gabriel. No surprise he disappeared again" said the one with a British accent.

"Do you ever stop complaining?" I heard the tall one with a French accent retort.

Lennox could only offer me and Dustin a smile.
"We are looking for Gabriel BUT we also need you two as well. We have been waiting to meet with the redwood Alpha and you two to discuss the next course of action. "

"My uncle will show. He always does." Dustin reassured them.
Lennox offered a sly smile. "Yes he always does."

I smelled the air. The others must have as well as everyone stopped in silence to inhale and listen.
Something just didn't feel right.

KIARAS POV

Ryan had mind linked me. His voice still stirred up something inside of me and it bothered me. It still bothered me that deep down, I loved these two men. I couldn't respond. I  didn't.

"Is someone going to tell us what is wrong with Kiara or are we playing a guessing game " came Natalias voice from the door she had been leaning up against. Keely stood in front of me with her pouty face and arms crossed.
Craig and I looked at eachother and chuckled.

"Kiara is pregnant" Craig cautiously revealed.

"What?! Omg Kiara!!!!" And Keely hugged me again.

I absolutely adore Keely. She has become my new best friend these past few months. I knew what she was needing to hear and I sighed followed by a playful eye roll.

"I guess we're going to have to go shopping for baby stuff aren't we?!" I said to her.
I felt her loosen her grip on me and jump with excitement clapping her hands together.  You would think Keely had just won the lottery.
"Uh yeah! We're going to get her..."

"Wait wait wait" Craig interrupted.  "Her? We don't know the gender yet. Let's not get hasty"

We all laughed and Keely elbowed Craig. "What's wrong Emerson? Afraid of having a little girl..tea parties, make up... BOYS " Keely said emphasizing the word Boys.
Craigs put up his hands.
"Nope. Not happening.."

"OK, so we need to get your nursery set up, and plan for a baby shower and.." Keely began rambling on every thought that came to her head.

"First let's get Kiara home" Craig said.

I stood up, supported by Craig and gave Keely a hug good bye. I nodded and smiled at Natalia who offered me a congratulations. Watching them both walk out, Keely going on about all things baby, Craig turned me to face him.

"Let's get you out of here, but first I want to take you somewhere"

"OK? "

Craig could only laugh.
"Don't even think about it Hudd. It's a surprise "

Then he threw a bag over his shoulder and led me out of the infirmary to his car.

UNKNOWN POV

"Alpha, Craig is with the redwood pack. The silvermoon and the lycans are there as well."
I looked at the she wolf who was bowing before me.

"Excellent work, general"

I extended my claws, licking the blood of a human I had just killed.
The hunters would jump on this opportunity to take out the remaining lycans and two wolf packs at once.
I scoffed with amusement.  Too easy.

"Alpha, there is one more thing" I heard her voice quiver before me.

"It better be good"

"Oh it is. Your sons mate, the lycan hybrid is pregnant" and she looked up at me with a satisfied smile.

I felt my blood begin to boil. That weak bastard half human  was no son of mine and the fact that he was extending the line infuriated me. My line would not be tainted with human blood. His mother was just a play thing, nothing but an easy fuck. I took care of her but her tribes magic made it difficult for me to track him all these years.  They had been secretly protecting him from afar. But I found him now, and I'd kill him just like I did his mother. The lycans and that hybrid I've heard so much about wouldn't be as easy but with the help of the hunters, it would happen.

I looked down at Sumiko. My only heir of pure blood.

"Plan for attack"