15 : 𝖳𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝖨𝗌 𝖧𝗈𝗉𝖾

Start from the beginning

"ARGHH!" Y/N fell on her knees as a whip hit her back.

A guard stood at front. "Stand up, bitch! Get to work!"

Y/N scurried to her feet. It wasn't clearly the best time to let her sassy tongue do the snap back. She pretended to rush over a small shed to gather fetch chunks of wood and rusty nails inside a steel bucket. There, she reunited with Diana.

"Where's Vivian?" She asked.

"She's inside sleeping." Diana pursed her lips. "It's a good thing. Otherwise, Nordame would've taken the responsibility to shut her up."

"You can't let that happen, Diana."

"I know," she looked away. "But they get to decide. Not me."

Diana took a heavy rake. She batted a glance to Y/N's materials and gasped.

"What are you doing, Nurse Y/N? Put that pail down."

Y/N furrowed her brows. "Why?"

"You're not supposed to work at the carpentry. They'll hit you if you try to do a man's job." Diana grabbed another rake. "Here, take this. We can start cleaning those pile of leaves by the gates."

Y/N followed Diana. They passed by a wee construction site- just a bunch of men hammering down piles of woodwork together to build a new hut. Who else could possibly use it? Nordame, of course.

"It's what they do." Diana muttered, plowing her rake to the ground. "They tend to make us work and they benefit from it. There was never a fair treatment for us. That would be too impossible."

"Can't they build it themselves?" Y/N spat. "They take pride for holding guns but can't make a basic, decent shelter? Fucking morons."

"I'm sure they know how to." Diana opposed. "But to see us enslaved is a pleasure for their part."

Y/N threw dirty, distasteful glares at the roving guards. Her back still stung and she could've sworn to feel a long cut burning on her skin. She might just have to ask Diana to check on it later.

------------------------------------------------------------

Time went terribly slow for them. Hours spent under the scorching heat felt like decades of pure torture and agony. They were thirsty, all of them. They wanted to at least stay under a cool shade even just for a minute. But with the guards' presence, all that desire crumpled and went straight to the bin.