Woke Up

Melody woke up that morning to the soft keys of the piano. She hadn't heard this tune before leading her to believe it was an original piece. sluggishly she crept over to peek over the balcony, there she saw the young Julie Molina at the Piano.

Here's one thing I want you to know
You got someplace to go
Life's a test, yes, but you go toe-to-toe
You don't give up, no, you grow

Melody didn't make any attempt to make herself known. she remembered the events of last night, Julie's mother was a musician. Much like the young Texans, if there is one thing Melody knew it was that Julie was taking a huge step. One the young girl needed todo alone

And you use your pain
'Cause it makes you "you"
Though I wish I could hold you through it
I know it's not the same
You got living to do
And I just want you to do it
So get up, get out, relight that spark
You know the rest by heart
Wake up, wake up if it's all you do
Look out, look inside of you
It's not what you lost
It's what you'll gain raising your voice in the rain
Wake up your dream and make it true
Look out, look inside of you
It's not what you lost
Relight that spark, time to come out of the dark
Wake up, wake up

Melody listened to the words the living girl sang, she couldn't help but feel sad hearing the familiarity with them. 'Promise to continue with music' she could hear her mother's voice over and over. The southern girl made an easy conclusion, This was Julie's mother's goodbye. much like hers' Promise.

Better wake those demons
Just look them in the eye
No reason not to try
Life can be a mess
I won't let it cloud my mind
I'll let my fingers fly
And I use the pain 'cause it's part of me
And I'm ready to power through it
Gonna find the strength, find the melody
'Cause you showed me how to do it
Get up, get out, relight that spark
You know the rest by heart

Melody marveled at the young girl's voice, it was beautiful. Julie's voice gave the song a soul, you could hear the meaning behind each note. so perfect, so enchanting to any listener.

Wake up, wake up if it's all you do
Look out, look inside of you
It's not what you lost
It's what you'll gain raising your voice in the rain
Wake up your dream and make it true
Look out, look inside of you
It's not what you lost
Relight that spark, time to come out of the dark
Wake up, wake up

It was then Melody saw her three bandmates pop back into the studio, right behind Julie. But the Molina girl was too lost in her song to notice. silently SunSet Curve watched the girl with sympathy and wonder.

So wake that spirit, spirit
I wanna hear it, hear it
No need to fear it, you're not alone
You're gonna find your way, oh
Wake up, wake up if it's all you do
Look out, look inside of you
It's not what you lost
It's what you'll gain raising your voice in the rain
Wake up your dream and make it true
Look out, look inside of you
When you feel lost
Relight that spark, time to come out of the dark
Wake up
Mm-mm, wake up

The Tear streaks on both girls' faces were noticeable. Julie smiled contently, 'she did it' Melody thought, ' whoever the real Julie Molina is, she is back'. Luke locked eyes with Melody on the balcony, the pair nodded to each other and the band poofed outside the garage to give the girl true alone time. " Dude, why'd you stop me? Julie needs a hug" Alex said in annoyance. " No, Lex what that girl needs is a moment with her mother... Alone." Melody said coming from behind the boys putting her iconic hat on, " besides, a ghost hug isn't what Julie needs right now. trust me." Luke said popping his cut hoodie trying to be intimidatingly cool. " I think you just poofed us out cause you can't handle it when anybody other than Mel Cries. I should know, I cried in a room for 25 years, and I didn't get a single hug from either of you." Alex Proclaimed.

Melody knew he wasn't blaming anyone harshly, he was just expressing his dire need for a hug. "M' Sorry Buddy, shoulda hugged ya sooner" Melody apologized hugging the emotional drummer tight. Reggie then tried to join but was immediately rejected " Don't touch me!" Alex exclaimed causing Mel to snicker at the bass player. " O-ok, Well the first thing we should do, when we work up the courage to go in there, is to ask Julie why she lied about playing the Piano," Luke said changing the conversation.

" she didn't, from what I saw. That girl hasn't touched that piano or music for that matter in what? A year? that's when her mom died right? bless her heart I'm surprised she managed to finish the song" Melody defended. " yeah, and maybe tell her how amazing she is" Alex said sarcastically, Reggie then added, " yeah she's legit, I got ghost bumps".

The band never got to laugh at the joke as they were interrupted by yet another girl crying. " Oh gosh is she crying too?" Alex asked a bit frightful, Luke then slowly faced the group in a panic " yesssssss, and the only thing worse than one girl crying is two girls crying?!" He panicked holding up two fingers. Melody who stood beside him whacked Luke from the back of his head " don't be rude" she scolded." He's right" " guys we definitely Can't go in there" But we can listen!" Reggie proved. The band then made their way eavesdropping on the situation.

The Band had learned Julie had been kicked out of music. Melody felt for the girl, despite never actually talking to her she could already feel the bond that could be formed. They both went and are still going through the loss of a mother, though it appeared that Julie was slightly better at coping with it, none the less The southern girl knew Julie needed someone to talk to. someone who actually understood how big that step was she just took, and Melody wanted to be that person. or Ghost.

As the two best friends walked out of the Garage, Melody and the boys acted 'casual as if they were never listening to the private conversation. " oh Hey!" Julie greeted the ghosts, failing to realize that her friend Flynn could not see them "let's hustle!" she covered walking faster, before turning around to wave at the ghosts. The Band then walked back into the Garage " I wonder why Julie never told us she shreds the Piano?" Reggie questioned, " and sing. that girl can sing." Luke added excitedly. Alex seeming to be the only guy to pay attention "it probably has something to do with her mom. you know?" Melody nodded as she traced around the piano " you're right Alex, I don't think she thought she would ever do any of that again" she explained. " well then what happened to change her mind?" Melody then looked at her friends with a smile on her face "She Woke Up."

A/N- another chapter is done! I really liked this chapter it was nice. 

I'm sorry if it feels like I am focusing on the whole 'dead mom' thing but I feel that at this point in the story its extremely important to the characters. I plan to lighten up on it but I still want it to play a part.

let me know what you think in the comments and please vote!

BYEEEE