fated meeting

Lucas pov :

" Long time no see my friend " I said to her .

Flashback :

" Ugh " I groned as someone woke me from my sleep . " You puny beast ! Wait- Now that I think about it I am quite hungry . Should I eat you hmm ? " I spoke as I caught that mana beast in my hands .

I sensed someone's presence which had the same essence of this beast ' I guess that person is the owner of such a pure mana beast . I hate to admit it but this is the purest mana I ' ve ever seen.'

" Blackie !! If Athy doesn't go now Lily will be worried " the little girl who seemed to be the owner of this mutt had sparkling jeweled eyes and shimmering blond hair tied up in a ponytail .

" Oi you " that girl seemed to have heard me turned towards me and pointed at herself as if to confirm it was her who was being called out .

" Yeah you "
" Umm ..... Big brother what are you doing in the palace ? Not many people can come here . " Suddenly her eyes brighten so I followed her gaze to my hands in which I had caught the mana beast.

She said " oh blackie- big brother !! The pet !! You found it for athy ! "
I stared at her with interest and asked ,
" Jeweled eyes ......... Are you atherenatias ' s daughter ? "
The girl looking confused asked ,
" Big brother , are you sure you are not mad ?"
" Huh ? I ' m not ?" I answered not being sure what she meant .

" Oh wait big brother Athy doesn't know who you are ? " she said as she just reliased .
' idiot '
" Of course . I am the most powerful and handsome magician in the world lucas." I said with pride ' heh ~ wait ? What ?! ......... Disgust ?!?!'

" Ha ! Your an interesting one " I sensed my eyes glowing as I held her chin .
" Anyways are you atherenatias's daughter ?" ' It piqued my interest just thinking how that that atherenatias had such a powerful daughter with such mana .'

Instead looking bewildered and answer ,
" Brother lucas , did you have a memory loss ? Atherenatias died 200 years ago , athy's papa is the emperor his name is ' Claude de alger obelia ' and my name is Athanasia de alger obelia ." She explained

' Did I sleep through a revelution the emperor' s certainly does not mean ' Immortal 'or something ....

" Brother lucas ...can athy get blackie back ? Athy wants to go home now .... "
" No .I found it so it's mine now ."
" B- but , big brother .... athy loves blackie sooooo much ........ "
' what's with this ? Acting cute ? Hahah ... This is troublesome ....'

" Listen ' athy' . This is not your pet . It's a mana beast ."
" A .... mana ...... beast ? What's that ?"

' she doesn't even know that . If not for her jeweled eyes , I'd doubt she is a part of royalty .

" You don't know what a mana beast is ?"
I unconsciously bent down to her level and pat her head .

" Your are Athanasia . Right ? "
She nodded .

" Which palace do you live in ?"
" Ruby palace "

' huh? What ? Ruby palace isn't that the palace for the emperor ' harem ? ........ Did that change too ? Ugh just how much did I miss ..... This annoying ..'

" First let's go back and I will explain on our way ."

" Okay " . She smiled .

' hmmm ...... This isn't so boring after all .
On our way I briefly explain about mana beast to her .

" Ehhh ?! Blackie will disappear ?" She said sounding sad .
' Is she that attached to that lump of mana ? "

" How about a deal ? " I suggested .
" Deal ? What deal ? " She asked still looking sad .
" I will take care of blackie or whatever is that until you grow up ." I explained .
" But what will you do with blackie ?" .
" U see . I don't have enough mana right now so I will use your mana till I have enough ."
" But then what will athy get ?" She asked looking innocent .
' she is smart ' I thought to myself .
" Attachment " I answered .

Some minutes have passed and I asked ,
" So ? What is your answer ? "
" ......... Okay "
' great '
Now where is the soul contract .......

"  Put a drop of blood your blood here "
She looked scared at the mention of blood but still , said nothing as she pricked her finger .
* Kringggggg*

" Brother lucas, must return blackie to athy "
" And if I don't ? "

She started sniffing but still did not cry .

" bu-but blackie is athy's o-only fri- friend ......... If u don't return it .... athy will b-be alone ....at-athy heard fr-from li-lily that pa-pa will come b-but he he never came athy waited from him till now bu- but he naver came uwahhhhhhhhhhhhhn !!! "
' I have seen man brats crying but he felt annoyed .nothing more nothing less .but seeing this particular girl ,I panicked.'

' maybe because of the soul contract ........... though it was only  the consent of using her mana , the connection was inevitable formed .

I explained to myself , but still was at loss . '

" H-hey .... I was kidding . I'll return the mana beast to you . Okay ? " 

But she still did not stop crying .

"Uwahhhhhhh ...... Brother lucas must return him ! Otherwise athy will be alone again ! "

My panic elevated to another level as he frantically summond  something .

A chocolate cake .

" Here , now stop crying ."

And sure enough , Athanasia instantly stopped crying as she took hold of the cake .

" Choco cake !!!!" 

                                                End of the flashback .