Chapter 1

Look, look at them.

God, how can someone be so perfect?

Sitting there laughing with a face of food and they're still unreal.

"Don't stare," I hear from next to me, "don't stare, you're making yourself look creepy."

Blushing, I turn down to pick at the food on my tray with the fucking pathetic plastic knives the school makes us use.

"Just pluck up the courage, you're so stupid, every time I see you you're looking over there." They laugh and chatter between them. Well, according to my best friends, I'm stupid.

Yeah, yeah, so stupid for falling for that person, the one who everyone ignores but doesn't love or hate.

The middle group, the popular but not popular group of high school, every school has to have one. And they're the centre of attention in theirs.

Shit it's so hard.

With a fake grin plastered on my face I turn and say, "you all need to shut up, look at Alexander over here simping over Millie, you guys mock me for looking and he's full on drooling over her."

This is met with hoots of laughter and a deep red colour from Alex, I sort feel bad but what the fuck, we're all big kids in this situation.

5th period Maths, god, I'm bored as fuck.

At least Alex is on the desk beside me and we can pass notes without Mr Dickface looking.

- Srry abt the comment over Millie earlier

- All good, I just rlly like her

- Ik, still feel bad tho

- Don't, ik why u did it

He hands the last note over with a mischievous grin on his face, one that spells trouble.

What an idiot.

- I told you to stop talking abt that

- Nah, I see you every lunchtime, you gotta get it together man

- No way

- Yes way

"Alex!! I asked you what the square root of 256 was?"

"16, sir."

"Correct! Well done."

Alex smirks as he shows me his calculator under his desk, with a cheeky wink he puts his head into his arms and dozes.

Mr Dickface, aka. Mr Kreeves, only asks one question per kid a class, because I haven't had mine yet I can't sleep.

Alex opens an eye and whispers, "jokes on you, have a good lesson." And closes it again.

Word count - 383

Probably going to be the shortest chapter, just an intro and sort of let you know the whole theme :)