"Great is an understatement," Yeji says. "This is awesome." She wipes her eyes and laughs shyly before looking at her friends. "Thank you," she tells them as she returns the tablet to Yuna.

"We didn't do anything but you're welcome," Chaeryeong says.

"You've done a lot and I'm forever grateful for that. So all we need now is the sperm donor?"

Yuna nods. "Your father will bring him next week to meet you and if all goes well, we can set up an appointment with the doctor to get him checked and tested. Then if it's all good, we can get the process started immediately," she says. "I'm kinda glad you waited this long even though you ended up choosing IVF. The whole procedure is less painful and much faster these days. There's less chance of you two going at each other's throat during the hormone treatment."

"It's a good thing I always have a bed in my office," Ryujin tells Yeji.

"You mean before we turn said office into a nursery?"

Ryujin opens her mouth but changes her mind. She deflates, knowing that she can't win any argument her brain can come up with. "I've spent so much time and money on decorating that space," she mumbles while shaking her head.

"You went and did that on your own. The plan was to make that room a nursery. You were just too stubborn."

"I need my own space."

"Then convert the other room."

"But that's our storage room!"

"Just divide the living room," Chaeryeong speaks up. "You can work alongside Yeji unnie."

"I can't. She makes so much noise when she sews," replies Ryujin.

"I doubt I'd have time for that with a baby in the house," retorts Yeji who then pauses after hearing her own words. "A baby..." She looks at Ryujin as she breaks into a huge grin. "Jinnie..."

Ryujin nods, smiles and kisses Yeji's cheek. Just a little bit more, Yeddeong, and we'll have our own little family.

-------

"So your mother is the immortal?" Yeji asks the man sitting across from her.

From the moment she laid eyes on him, she knew why her father and friends have put this man on the top of their list. He has superior features - although not exactly movie star handsome - but he is definitely attractive.

They're having dinner while talking about his family background after a short introduction about what he does now and where he lives. Yeji doesn't want to go into too much details yet because Ryujin is running late thanks to a business meeting and traffic. She wishes to wait for her before they get to the more serious part.

"Yeah," he says. "My father passed away half a century ago, when I was thirty six. Mother didn't take it well. She left a couple of years later to travel the world - or so she said. She'd update me from time to time from wherever she is. She knows your father on a personal level." He gestures at Mr. Hwang with a smile.

"We had a thing when we were young," says Mr. Hwang nonchalantly.

"She said you had a huge crush on her and always followed her around," replies the man who chuckles at Mr. Hwang's surprised look. "I also did my homework. Gotta take the necessary precautions before I agreed to meet you," he explains. "You two should catch up. She said she hasn't seen you in over a century. The last time you two met was when you left China back in the twenties."