Chapter 56

Yeji grins when she feels warm palms against her back, rubbing in slow circles. "What are you doing?" she asks without moving or opening her eyes.

"Making sure you won't get sunburnt," replies Ryujin.

"There's a huge parasol over me and the sun's not even that hot today."

"I can't be too careful."

Yeji pushes herself up and turns her body to see the smirk she recognizes very well. "Stop grinning like a pervert."

"While you're in a bikini? How is that possible?" retorts Ryujin who then lifts her hands, showing Yeji her palms. "I still have some leftover lotion," she says before she starts rubbing Yeji's exposed midriff.

"Excuses."

"I'm trying to keep my fiancée healthy and safe, okay?" Ryujin argues. She takes the bottle of sunscreen, squeezes a generous amount onto her palm and decides to continue her work on Yeji's legs and thighs, making sure she covers every inch.

It's a lazy Sunday morning and the weather's surprisingly warm and nice for a fall day in California so Yeji wanted to go for a swim at the apartment complex's pool. Since Ryujin is not particularly fond of water, she just sat on the lounger and watched Yeji swim. After a quick few laps, Yeji wanted to take a nap. That was when Ryujin got bored and came up with the current activity.

"Bend your leg," Ryujin tells Yeji as she helps lift one of her legs to be able to reach the back side. She smirks when she senses Yeji flinch the moment her hand touches the inside of her thigh. Deliberately, she starts to slow down and put more pressure into her touch, massaging Yeji's thigh while occasionally brushing against the lower side of her butt and pretending to get her fingers caught in her bikini bottom.

"You sneaky pervert grandma," says Yeji, fully realizing Ryujin's intention and teasing.

"I know you love it," retorts Ryujin. "Now bend the other one please," she says while moving to sit on the other side of the lounger so she can attend to Yeji's other leg. "I also do under-the-bikini massages, you know. Gotta make sure that your skin's perfectly protected from top to toe."

Yeji snorts. "You do realize that everyone can see us, right?"

"So?"

"So please behave."

"I'm just taking care of my fiancée!"

Yeji slaps Ryujin's hand away and gets up from the lounger. She starts gathering her stuff, putting on her loose t-shirt over her bikini and folding the towel.

"Are you done? No more swimming?" Ryujin asks, taking the bottle of sunscreen and her phone from the table.

"I want you to finish what you started but not out here," says Yeji as she starts walking away, back to their apartment.

Ryujin breaks into a huge happy grin and quickly follows her fiancée. "So yes to my under-the-bikini massage service?"

"No."

"What? But you said-..."

"There will be no bikini."

"Huh? Wha-..." Then it hits her. "OH!" Ryujin throws an air punch. "Yes! Now this is my kind of Sunday."

"Consider it a reward for all your hard work this past couple of months," replies Yeji calmly.

Since her animation idea was picked up, Ryujin has been very busy at work, coming home late almost every day and sleeping in on weekends. She took a few days off to attend Yeji's graduation ceremony since it was at the other side of the country but dove right back to her busy schedule once they had returned to LA and sent Jisu back to Seoul.