Chapter 12

Yuna comes home that night to a pleasantly surprising sight of Ryujin and Yeji asleep on the couch.

Yeji is resting her upper body and head on Ryujin’s body while the latter has her arm around her.

The TV is on and there’s an open box of fried chicken on the coffee table along with a large bottle of soda and an empty tub of ice cream.

She shakes her head, takes the remote and lowers the volume of the TV before she carefully walks over to wake Ryujin up.

“Unnie,” she whispers while nudging Ryujin’s arm as gently as possible. “Wake up.”

“Hm?” Ryujin opens her eyes and is about to stretch when she feels weight on her chest and something under her arm. She turns her heads, squints at the sleeping Yeji and huffs. “What time is it?” she asks Yuna.

“Almost midnight.”

“Hm.”

Yuna goes to the kitchen to get a bottle of water, notices the leftover Chinese food in the fridge and secretly wonders how much the two have eaten. Must be why they fell asleep, she thinks with a smile as she heads up to her room.

Ryujin takes a moment to get her mind in order then slowly nudges Yeji. “Yeddeong…”

Yeji groans, not happy about being woken up.

“Yeddeong, wake up.” Ryujin pats Yeji’s hip. “We fell asleep.”

Yeji turns her body to lie on her back and stretches, nearly hitting Ryujin’s face with her hand. “Hm?” she mumbles, rubbing her eyes.

“We fell asleep,” Ryujim repeats herself. “It’s almost midnight. Do you want to stay over? It’s risky letting you drive in this sleepy state,” she says. Her arm is still resting over Yeji’s abdomen, keeping her in place.

Yeji exhales and slowly opens her eyes without answering. She takes her time to let her consciousness catch up then tilts her head up to see Ryujin smiling at her. “What are you looking at?”

“A very lazy woman.”

Yeji hits Ryujin’s arm, pushing it away, then sits up. She tries to fix her hair then grabs her phone only to gasp at the time. “It’s midnight!”

“I told you that.”

“Oh my god, we must’ve fallen asleep!”

“I told you that too.”

“That was one boring movie,” Yeji concludes, stating the main cause of their accidental nap.

“I agree.” Ryujin then stretches her arms and legs, making weird groaning sounds.

Yeji shakes her head at the spectacle. “Wow. You sound like my grandma when she wakes up in the morning.”

“…”

Yeji chuckles, grabs her empty glass and heads to the kitchen to get some water. She later returns to the living room to find Ryujin still sitting on the couch.

“I should get going,” she says as she sits back down next to the other woman.

“It’s very late though and you’re sleepy. I don’t want you to drive like this.”
“I’ll be fine. I can’t die anyway.”

“True but I don’t want you killing someone else.”

Yeji flinches. “You’re right. I’ll be extra careful.”

“Or you can just stay over?”

“I have work in the morning.”

“Then wake up extra early.”