Chapter 11

Ryujin has just taken her shoes off and is whistling to herself when the living room lights suddenly come on, shocking the life out of her. She gasps and jumps, staring at the laughing woman standing near the wall.

“Sorry, Unnie,” Yuna apologizes as she takes a seat on the couch. “Didn’t mean to scare you that much.”

“You’re lucky I can’t die of a heart attack. Why are you still up?” Ryujin asks, placing her car keys on the coffee table along with her phone and wallet. She sees a bowl and grabs it, finishing the rest of Yuna’s midnight snack. “And why are you snacking so late? This isn’t like you.”

“I started to crave sweet stuff while waiting for you.”

“Again, why did you wait up?”

“Because I’m curious whether you’d come home or not,” replies Yuna with a knowing grin. “Judging from all the whistling, I’d say you had a great first official date.”

Ryujin pretends to focus her attention on the bowl in her hand.

“When’s the next date?”

“Tomorrow,” Ryujin says.

“Tomorrow, huh? You two are impatient, aren’t you?”

“We are not. We didn’t see each other for a whole week, did we? Now that we have some free time, what’s wrong with spending it together and catch up?”

“One, you’re actually admitting that you want to spend time with her as more than just friends and two, you’re being defensive. I haven’t seen your defensive side in a long time,” says Yuna, amused. “I guess it’s real now. You’re officially an item?”

“Not yet and stop analyzing me.”

“Not yet? Hm… then something else must’ve happened that caused you to act this way,” continues Yuna, ignoring Ryujin’s request. She takes her time to think. “You two aren’t official yet so the ‘will you be my girlfriend’ question hasn’t been asked then why… Did you confess?”

Ryujin averts her eyes back to the bowl and tries to cover her face with it as she stuffs another spoonful of ice cream into her mouth.

Yuna gasps. “You did!”

“Good night.” Ryujin sets the bowl back on the table and grabs her belongings before running up to her room.

“Well done, Unnie!”

She hears Yuna shout and grins as she goes inside her room and throws herself on the bed, closing her eyes. I know. Thanks, Yuna-yah.

———————

Yeji hears the knock on the door and sighs. “Go away!” she yells without taking her eyes off of her phone. Ryujin just texted her that she has arrived home and she’s replying to the message.

Jisu pushes the door open and grins. “I will stop teasing you, I swear.”

When she heard her housemate come home, she immediately rushed out of her room to greet her and started asking questions that made Yeji blush. Then she found out about the kiss and the interrogation escalated as she badgered Yeji with questions about Ryujin’s three-hundred-years-worth of kissing skill.

Having had enough, Yeji went into silent mode, ignoring her friend as she took a quick shower then went to her room without so much as sparing Jisu a glance.

Yeji lets Jisu sit on the foot of her bed and finally looks at her after she has sent her message. “What do you want?”