[AIDEN PEARCE DRABBLE]

Prompt: "Ugh, people are so weird."

Word count: 365

"Some people are so freaking entitled", you had muttered to yourself as you walked down the street, still trying to calm yourself down after a frustrating birthday dining experience with your friends. People who walked past you were having a good time, and you felt envy towards them - your friend's surprise birthday at their favorite restaurant had been pretty much ruined.

And as you were finally back home, Aiden was willing to listen to your ranting about the entitled family, the poor waiter and your fight to get the family to pay for your food - which they had devoured while some of you were away from the table.

"Well, according to Jamie, after we went to the bathroom with Blair, the family thought it would be a good idea to come over and grab Kay's sandwich out of the blue. And then they just ate it and... ugh, people are so weird. And annoying." you groaned as you threw your head back. "And I can't believe I'm one of them. Kay wouldn't stop crying, this was supposed to be their day. You know how much they have gone through lately, this day was supposed to be a day when they would have had time to laugh and have a good time - forget all that crap in their life, but no. Fortunately the restaurant put our bill on the family so some decency in this day."

Aiden let out an agreeing hum. "Some people don't know how to behave, but the world won't treat those people nicely." he let out a sad chuckle, you knew he was feeling bad for Kay too. "I've seen that stuff and it never ends nicely."

You let out a sigh. "Yeah... I just didn't expect to meet a family like that on a day like this."

"No one does."

Silence followed, and you stared at some random soap opera, not actually paying attention but just watching it to let your mind wander somewhere else than in the events happening in the restaurant. Your heartbeat had slowly calmed down and you no more were so angry. You were frustrated, sure, but you didn't want to scream anymore, and talking with Aiden had calmed your mind much more than being alone would have calmed it.

And that was just one of the many reasons you loved him so much.