[AIDEN PEARCE DRABBLE]

Prompt: "I'm okay. I'm perfectly fine. Yeah... okay, I'm not fine."

Word count: 570

After a gang of masked men had invaded your house and demanded to know where's "The Fox", you were - beyond all your terror - very confused. You didn't know who was The Fox, but the men didn't believe you. They threatened to torture you, but before they could do anything, your boyfriend barged to the house and in seconds, all the masked men lied on your floor unconscious. And within the next minute, you were sitting in Aiden's car and you were speeding down the highway, just the whirring of the motor filling your ears.

But after about twenty minutes, Aiden broke the silence. "Are you okay?"

You didn't answer, you just stared at your hands lying on your lap, before you sucked in a sharp breath.

"Y/N?"

You swallowed and turned to look at him. "I'm okay. I'm perfectly fine. Yeah..." you reassured yourself and him, before he sighed, knowing you were lying. You huffed. "Okay, I'm not fine. How could I be fine? I was just threatened with my life and then you reveal you're someone I didn't know you are. Happy?"

"No, I'm not happy. I got you into this. They found out that we have a relationship." he muttered, before turning to the bigger highway and you sighed. Silence ensued again, before you broke it.

"So, you are The Fox?" you asked and Aiden pursed his lips to a tight line, which got you rolling your eyes. "You didn't plan on telling me that you're part of some shady criminal gang?"

"It's not a criminal gang what I'm part of and... I tried to protect you." he shook his head and you let out a groan. "But I'm taking you to safety now."

"And where is that?"

He paused. "In Seattle."

"S-Seattle?" you sputtered, shocked he was taking you to the opposite side of the country.

Aiden glanced at you apologetically. "I know it's far away, but you're safe there. You have friends there and-"

"Yeah, and they don't even know I'm coming." you huffed and Aiden shook his head.

"No, I informed them already. Ash informed me that they'll take you to live with them for the time being."

Silence again, as you stared at the road and the sign saying "leaving Chicago".

You swallowed. "And what about you?"

Aiden sighed. "I'm coming back as soon as I'm dropping you to Ash's house. I have work to do."

You nodded, not daring to ask what kind of work was Aiden doing. You weren't sure if you trusted Aiden anymore. You loved him, sure, but was it enough?

The rest of the day was driven in silence. Neither of you spoke for almost eight hours, before you stopped to a motel to spend the night. And as you had been given the keys and went to your room, Aiden's warm hand took a hold of your cold one and he let out a breath.

"Hey... I know this was shocking to you - but I want you to know that I really wanted to protect you. And I would have told you eventually - when all of this was over. I'm sorry you got to know it with a way like this."

You sighed. "I know you were trying to protect me. But I... I don't know what to think about this."

Aiden nodded with a sad smile, letting go of your hand.

"I understand."