Daisy tried to protest. "That's not—"

"Oh, don't even try it. I'd rather die than listen to some hellspawn's excuses," Dorothy interrupted her. Daisy shot her a glare.

"I'm too fucking drunk for this, can't you people just come back and annoy me some other day? Can't you see we're busy? Read the room." Thea crossed her arms.

"Uh... Thea?" Daisy ran a hand through her hair.

"What?"

"I think they're telling the truth."

Thea blinked, more confused than ever. "Excuse me?"

Daisy kept her voice low, so the others couldn't hear. "The other person I'm looking for? They told me her name's Alethea Doe, but I didn't make the connection. I thought Thea was short for Dorothea or something."

Thea chuckled awkwardly. "You're joking."

She is most definitely not joking.

Daisy slowly shook her head, her expression dead serious. "Someone in Hell really wants to meet you."

Thea glanced at Audrey, Dorothy and the other guy before turning back to the demon. "What are you saying?"

The demon seemed pale now. Cold sweat had started to form on her forehead, and she was trying her best to keep her hands from shaking. "I... Hell, I don't know. If I fail this... They'll put me back in the freezer, that's for sure. I can't risk it again."

Thea instinctively took a step back and immediately felt bad. Daisy sounded (and looked) really conflicted.

You just had to flirt with the cute girl at the bar right after your break-up, didn't you?

"I swear, I didn't know until now."

"I doubt it," Dorothy chimed in. "Don't listen to her, that's what hellspawn like her are trained to do. They get in your head and turn you into easy prey. We're your safest bet."

Daisy grimaced at hellspawn. She really didn't like that word and Dorothy noticed. She smiled at her discomfort.

I don't like those odds. Or the way she phrased that. Or her.

"Aw, the Moon-obsessed girlie is trying to hurt my feelings... What next? You'll try to magic me to death? Fuck off."

"Oh, I'm really going to enjoy killing you."

Daisy burst out laughing. "You? Kill me? Oh honey... Better people have tried and failed miserably. Make sure you succeed because you won't live long enough to get a second chance."

"Enough! We can still resolve this peacefully," Audrey cut in, "just get out of here and pretend you never saw us. Tell your boss you got here too late and we were already gone."

"Audrey, no! We're not letting some hellspawn walk away like nothing happened!"

"But nothing happened! Can you set your prejudices aside for a moment so we can do what we came to do? We're not here on a demon-hunting quest and even if we were, she hasn't done anything."

Now, that's what a voice of reason sounds like. I like her. I can relate.

"You don't understand what's at stake for me." Daisy focused on Audrey.

"We can't let you take her," the guy sighed.

"Gee, way to point out the obvious, Jake..." Dorothy rolled her eyes.

"Shut up..."

"Don't I get a choice in this? I'm tired of watching you all argue over me like I'm some sort of toy and you're the unsupervised toddlers at daycare!"