"An imbecile with power is still an imbecile and most likely human since they seem to be the dumbest of the bunch. Your sister, however, lacks both of those qualities. About as bright as a burned out bulb." I take a deep breath and keep my composure. I know he wants to illicit a response from me and I will not be giving him that pleasure any time soon.

"You will get your fight so if you would be so kind to leave me to my own devices until then, it would be greatly appreciated." I say calmly and shift Kylee so that my hand is supporting her head. Her skin is so pale and cold that it takes everything I have not to panic and run there. Composure is everything. Despite everything my father did, that was the one lesson I took to heart.

I see the large golden panels in the distance and instinctively walk faster. The longer her heart is stopped, the more painful this will be for the both of us and the more difficult it will be to bring her back.

Lord Gamiel stands in front of the scriptures looking down on me as I approach. His form is quite similar to the Egyptian God, Anubus, with a dark grey dog's head and long pointed ears that seem almost disproportionate to his heavily muscled physique. Royal robes cover his body, deep blues framed in gold. A Nemes headdress falls just to his shoulders, the yellow and black stripes contrasting greatly. His entire being radiates immense power and a deep red aura pulsates around his body, most likely amplified by the large golden staff in his left hand. At the top of it is an Egyptian eye, the iris glowing the same red colour.

"Lord Gamiel." I call his name, bowing slightly.

"Young Duke." He responds, giving me a grim smile as he looks down at my sister's body resting in my arms. "Surely you have not come here for such a trivial matter as a human life."

"Please, Lord Gamiel. She will be a great asset to this world." The Aspect Lord raises an eyebrow quizzically and sighs.

"Are you sure that it is not your emotions which you speak for?" He asks, his voice holding intense power despite his calm tone. "Nevertheless, your words are true, she does hold power that will be an asset to the continuation of your world. However, I do not bring back souls without recompense."

"Anything you ask, I will provide, Lord Gamiel." I say with a slight bow, still clutching Kylee tightly against my chest.

"Normally, a life must be paid for a life, but seeing as how you are also a valuable asset, I shall demand a different price. She will have many moments in the future that can possibly alter her judgement. You must guide her in order to ensure that her decisions will not drive her into the hands of darkness." I nod in understanding. It has always been my intention to look after her ever since I realised who she was. There is no way that I will let her be taken away again.

"I will guide and protect her even after my last breath." I say calmly, never letting my emotions seep through my words. Lord Gamiel nods and holds his staff up, the red aura snaking through the air and wrapping around Kylee's body. She is lifted from my arms and hovers in the air between the Aspect Lord and myself. Suddenly, a bright blue spark sizzles in the centre of her chest and I watch in awe as her soul is lifted from her body.

Her astral form opens its eyes and looks around cautiously. When her gaze settles on me, a weary expression crosses her face.

"Duke..? What-" she freezes when she sees the body hovering in front of her. "I-is that me..? Am I... No... This can't be happening..." Her voice falls to a whisper as she speaks, the vibrant blue glow around her ethereal body increasing slightly as she internally panics.

Lord Gamiel clears his throat and Kylee spins around in the air to face him.

"W-who..?" She stutters and I feel a tinge of guilt for bringing her here unaware of what is happening. If I only had more time with her beforehand, I could have explained everything... The aspect Lords, Segas, aer, the blastia core... But it will have to wait until she is back and things have calmed down.