Chapter 12

Then...

"The humans are going to kill us all..." The man whispered urgently, running his hand through his salt and pepper hair.

"No... The humans are going to destroy this world..." The other answered, his hazel eyes narrowing at the older gentleman.

"We need to stop them!" He announced, worry underlying his gruff voice.

"To do that, we would have to reset the world, let it start anew." The other responded with a soft sigh.

"Then that is what we will have to do..."

At that moment, the door burst open and a man strolled in casually, his long and tasseled white hair swaying along his back. Brilliant white wings wrapped loosely around his well built body as if encasing him in a heavenly aura.

"Correction, that is what I will do." He stated simply with a crooked smile twitching on his thin lips. The men stared at him in shock before taking up defensive positions, the older gentleman drawing his gold encrusted rapier.

"Now, now. A fight is not what I wish for. I am merely offering a proposal. You are not the only ones who long to change this world, to give it a real chance in surviving. I suggest we start a rebellion, end the queens rule of the Faila court." The way he said this, so calmly and composed, caused both of the men to stare at him in shock.

"You would so freely speak of rebellion in the queen's castle itself?" The second man demanded.

"I am afraid that I used the wrong term for what I want. There will be no rebellion, this will be a revolution!" His last word rang in the air, creating a weary cloud of silence that hung heavily between the three men.

"How do you suppose we accomplish such a thing?" The older one asked, clearly interested and yet cautious.

"We shall create a new Kingdom, one to rival the queen. The court of Seelie." The man laughed and the other two joined in, the twisted sounds echoing around the walls of the court room.

"Then so it shall be. Gather all those loyal to you and upset with the queen. We start in three days time." With that, the man left without another word.

Now...

His emerald green eyes scan the room around him. The large area is covered by light red walls with elegant swirls of gold and silver etched into it. They almost seem to glitter as the sun passes through the stained glass windows, the normal orange light now holding a tinge of red and blue. Any mortal's eyes would widen at this sight, but his expression remains bored as he looks around. A small sigh passes his lips and he places his elbow on one of the ivory arms of his throne chair, his chin resting on the palm of his hand.

"How dreadfully boring..." The words come out emotionless and, as if on cue, two servants enter. He notices the door slowly creaking open and a small grin forms on his tanned face. Two teenage girls enter, nervousness written on their faces. They seem to be human, a rare treat... So very few humans wander into the dark part of the woods. His grin widens.

"Tell me..." He says, his voice starting out kind, but a hint of mischievousness is hidden in it that the girls do not notice. The one on the left, a slender girl with short black hair and warm brown eyes, tugs at the bottom of her skirt, the maid outfit clearly embarrassing her. His grin widens as he speaks, "What you are here for." He doesn't particularly care for maid outfits, but the discomfort of these new toys entertains him. His gaze moves to the blonde in the back who is a bit heavier set than the other one, but would still be deemed physically attractive by human males. Her hair colour is artificial though. He can smell the chemicals that she used to lighten in from it's natural brown. His grin fades into a slight scowl and he refuses to acknowledge her existence. She notices this and her breath comes out in a loud huff of annoyance. The action causes a smirk to spread and he looks at her again, his eyes practically boring into hers, analysing all her secrets. Nothing is private from him.

"Come here girl..." He says, trying to keep the power out of his voice. She stiffens but her feet finally move, walking towards him. He stands up from his ivory throne and waits for her. She stops a few feet away, just before the red carpeted steps that lead up to him. He can see her shaking from fear which causes him to chuckle darkly as he walks down to her, his feet clicking quietly with each step. The girl's eyes widen as he stands in front of her, his height towering hers. She is merely 5'3'' while he stands at 6'7'', a height suitable for looking down on these miserable beings.

"Now then..." He brings his mouth close to her ear when he whispers this and then slowly pulls away, watching her aura flicker grey with fear. There is something else though... A light shade of red, mixing with the original blue... Lust... In a flash, his hand is around her neck, his thumb slightly overlapping his fingers. Her eyes bulge as he squeezes, a dark laugh emitting from his throat while she fights him. It doesn't take long. She quickly goes limp and his hand releases her, the body collapsing on the ground with a heavy thud.

"So weak..." He looks back at the other girl who is trying to back away. "Do you really think leaving will save you now?" This is why he hates humans... They think they can always escape the worlds problems and have, in turn, killed the world with their actions. This is why it will be reset... Despite the Faila court's attempts to stop him...

"Ramæl!" He shouts, waiting impatiently for the woman to arrive. His words reach her and she rushes through the well built doors, breathing heavily.

"Yes, my king?" She asks, her voice weary but respectful. He waved a dismissive hand towards the human maid and she scurries away, tears brimming in her eyes. It takes a ridiculous amount of self control for Ramæl to not roll her eyes at the sight. Humans are so fragile and yet they cause so much destruction.

"I want you to observe someone for me, a girl." Her eyes widen at the request.

"Observe someone sir..? Surely, that is a task for someone lower-" He holds out his hand to cut her off.

"No, this girl is the one I believe we have been looking for." He laughs under his breath and hands Ramæl the slick manilla envelope. She cautiously opens it and peers at the photos inside.

"This girl is the one that the Faila court plans to use?" She asks with a small bit of surprise lingering in her voice. Her nimble fingers sift through the pictures. There are five in total all of a teenage girl with long blonde hair and piercing blue eyes.

"I am not certain, but her connection with the earth is much stronger than everyone else I have observed. Now go." The last bit he commands, the power of his voice ringing out and causing Ramæl to flinch.

"Yes, my king." She murmurs, placing her free hand over her heart and bowing slightly. "I shall report to you by moonlight of the next nightfall." He nods and dismisses her with the same flick of his wrist. Once she leaves, he sits back down, his shorty trimmed nails tracing the small indented swirls of the arm rest.

"If I have her, then I shall end the Faila court once and for all..." His thoughts begin to drift to the queen and he scowls.

"And I will finally get the revenge I deserve..." His wings ruffle slightly at the thought, the angelic white feathers slowly settling back down as he laughs maniacally. The level of insanity rises in his voice and he only laughs louder, leaning back against the chair so that he won't double over.

"Finally, after all this time... The world will be mine..."