𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 4

"What the fuck are you?" 

Katsuki grasped Shoto's hand around his throat, eyes showing raged emotions. 

"Our ill-fated relationship would have ended if you let me go. If you hadn't stopped the boat from crossing the Sanzu River," Shoto smirked. 

"No," Katsuki's hold on the hand tightened. "My Shoto will be born with the face that only I can recognize. I don't fucking see it in you," 

The answer made Shoto chuckled, shaking his head, and continued his sneer. "You really...don't know anything, Katsuki," Shoto's hold also grew tighter, the hand trembled and clenched closer in an attempt to choke Katsuki for real. 

The hold around the ash-blond's throat finally grew loose, the smug look sketching Shoto's exterior altered to perplexed. The snake scales disappeared, he instantly pulled back his hand. Katsuki continued his stare, frustration was visible upon his look.

"It's hot. Just what did you put on me?" Shoto complained, looking over his bruised shoulder and covered it back under his blouse shirt. 

"Who are you?" Katsuki asked. He doesn't want to assume the worse. However, there doesn't seem to be any other options than such.

"What kind of question is that?" Shoto ignored and fixed his shirt. 

"Answer me," The ash-blond continued. Shoto looked over, frowning. "What's wrong with yo-"

"Who the fuck are you?!!" Katsuki interrogated in boomed voice. Shoto recoiled and looked at Katsuki in shock, startled by the sudden infuriated yell. "It's me, Shoto. Shoto Todoroki," the bi-colored latter replied, confounded. 

Katsuki's expression softened, even though his eyes were glassy. "You...didn't remember?" 

Shoto's phone abruptly rang, broke down their stares toward each other, and Shoto, even though still confused, answered his phone.

"What? A man died?"

The place where the body was found was in the toilet. The man was one of the old men Shoto interviewed earlier on, and the dead man's neighbor who was there turned to the two males.

"Nobody would doubt he's a fisherman. He ended up drowning to death," the neighbor started.

In a bathroom, and his carcass was right in front of the toilet seat?

Shoto kneeled in front of the lifeless body, then gaze fell on the toilet seat in front of him. "Drowning? In...that?"

"I was the one who pulled him out myself. Look at his belly. It was so big and filled with water. All he did was drinking water all day long too..." the older man mumbled.

"Can you call the police right now and close off the bathroom?" Shoto requested as he stood.

The neighbor man sighed, picking out his phone, and dialed. "Life is quite futile. He struggled enough to return alive,"

"What are you saying?" Shoto inquired.

"A while back, there was a fishing boat that flipped over while it was so far on the sea. He was on that boat too, the same boat as Arikawa's,"

Shoto blinked. "The same boat that he was reported dead on?"

"Yes. There were four of them including Arikawa," the man added. He then continued his call outside to report the dead body, and soon enough Katsuki also entered the bathroom but recoiled in disgust.

"Fuck, it so damn reeks in here," he cussed.

"What do you mean? I don't smell anything," Shoto looked over.