X

'Nothing lasts forever' they say and they were right, we didn't last either.

My parents found out about you by going through my phone and I swear that was the worst day of my life.

"What're all these texts Seo Yeon?"

"Why are you texting that boy?"

"Mom I can-"

"All these silly messages, were you that desperate?"

"No da-"

"Is this how I raised my daughter?"

"Why are you after a boy? He's using you"

The screams, the cries, and the endless blame...they're all still in my head. I hear them ringing in my ear

They never let me explain.

Maybe I deserved all this for being too happy.

They called me names and yelled at me but I didn't respond, crying silently I let myself fall into the darkness.

"We need to report him or at least complain to his parents"

Words got stuck in my throat.
No no no that can't happen Jae is scared of his father and he did nothing wrong!

"Dad please I won't talk to anyone please forgive me this one time please please please"

I begged for you.

I will not let our friendship ruin your life.

"You lost your mind Seo Yeon, you used to be a disciplined girl, look at what happened to you...it's all because of that Jae!"

"He's bad!"

"Why can't you see that?"

Because it's not true!

He's not like what you think he is!

He's not bad.

My skin was stinging from my mother's beatings.

My scalp was burning as they pulled on my hair.

My cheeks were all wet from the tears.

Bruises formed on my arms, back, and legs from the thick belt they used on me.

That was the price I had to pay for all the happiness I felt.

I didn't flinch, not even once, I took it all, the beating, the curses, everything without making a single sound because there was only one thought running in my head...

'Everything will be alright.
I will end everything tonight'

And by 'everything' I meant my 'life'.

THE END